RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello

Would anyone know if this board will be able to support High Sierra or Mojave? Its not a UEFI board and currently i am running Sierra on it. Would like to see if i can upgrade to HS or Mojave.

Appreciate any response.

Hello

Would anyone know if this board will be able to support High Sierra or Mojave? Its not a UEFI board and currently i am running Sierra on it. Would like to see if i can upgrade to HS or Mojave.

Appreciate any response.

High Sierra works fine, with some patching to get the installer running and the drives detected.

See here for my success story and how to: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-asus-p7p55d-e-pro.246638/#post-1699704

Similarly to eradicator006 though, I have yet to get Mojave working. First the downloaded installer update app from the app store said a firmware upgrade was needed (suggested solutions of updating SMBIOS to Mac 5,1 didn't work for me) and then a patched Mojave install USB (google crazybird) with my High Sierra clover plist and efi couldn't see a drive to install to (SATA error? apfs error?)...

Most recent attempt was running the Mojave install USB using my High Sierra USB install as the boot drive. Managed to get to the Mojave installer but it crashed at the install language selection screen.

Will keep trying.

High Sierra works fine, with some patching to get the installer running and the drives detected.

See here for my success story and how to: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-asus-p7p55d-e-pro.246638/#post-1699704

Similarly to eradicator006 though, I have yet to get Mojave working. First the downloaded installer update app from the app store said a firmware upgrade was needed (suggested solutions of updating SMBIOS to Mac 5,1 didn't work for me) and then a patched Mojave install USB (google crazybird) with my High Sierra clover plist and efi couldn't see a drive to install to (SATA error? apfs error?)...

Most recent attempt was running the Mojave install USB using my High Sierra USB install as the boot drive. Managed to get to the Mojave installer but it crashed at the install language selection screen.

Will keep trying.
Yeah I'm getting the same firmware update required when trying to run the mojave installer using macpro5,1. I even got that message with later versions of high sierra. I think it's a bug with clover legacy.

I did create a mojave usb installer and tried upgrading that way only to be greeted with the message "a metal capable gpu is required".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back