Contribute
Register

ASUS P7P55D-E Pro: Cant get Yosemite to install/boot. Details inside - any help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is I can find nothing definitive for the issue and how they solved it. Just lots of speculation and just as many questions.

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

Makes no sense at all

Looks like you are using an incorrect versioned DSDT for your Bios. Better verify that.

Looks like you are using an incorrect versioned DSDT for your Bios. Better verify that.

The DSDT I am using is from the download section here on TonyMac. It is for BIOS version 1602 which is the same BIOS version that is on my motherboard.

How did you come to this conclusion, please? I am very interested.

I have banging my head for weeks on this. I am actually going to try and go back to Mavericks. I have installed 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9 on this MB/GPU/Memory Config over the past several years. I have never used a DSDT in the past. Now, when I use one or don't I get the same result.

Thanks,

Well, the ASUS P55 systems should work fine without a DSDT to be honest. My P7P55D rig is DSDT free and it works perfectly.

Well, the ASUS P55 systems should work fine without a DSDT to be honest. My P7P55D rig is DSDT free and it works perfectly.

Thats what I thought and exactly what I have done in the past. When I got the IOAPIC freeze is when I was trying most anything. It was suggested that I use a DSDT, which is what I did. What the frustrating part is that I have not been able to find, or hear from anyone as to what this is exactly - what does it mean, what causes it, etc. Basically nothing much is written about it.

Beelzebozo - did you use any certain boot options to 1. Get the installation running and 2. Post installation to get the OS up and running?

Thanks,

Definitely don't want to sidetrack the conversation that's going on here, but I am facing a very similar issue. I am also using an asus p7p55d-e pro, and can get the os installed using GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0 -x -v, but then the initial boot into Yosemite freezes with the progress bar stuck half way.

Tried a number of fixes (i built this thing initially back in like 2011 with Snow Leopard, haven't really had any problems over the years...), GraphicsEnabler=Yes, =No, PCIRootUID=0, 01, -x, -f, npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000.

Am using an msi 560ti; have another card as well that has always worked out of box, so I tried it as well, and no go.

If I boot from the unibeast usb, it freezes at usbmc (non-unique) identifier, and if I boot from the boot loader on my hard disk, it freezes at the some firewire kext that comes just before the usbmc just mentioned.

Can't find any literature on this either, and i've got some years experience troubleshooting these things.

**Ok, so bit the bullet and wiped the drive for a fresh install. I'm working off a backup for testing and I noticed that it is actually freezing on different kexts, and a lot of them are Logitech. I tried to remove them, but it still would try and load. Anyway, did the fresh install, worked fine, had the OS up in like fifteen minutes. Backed up the fresh Yosemite install as to not loose progress, and did a Time Machine restore through migration assistant; put all my apps, accounts, and preferences right back where they needed to be. I'm in the process of ensuring I have working backups of everything, my main Mavericks volume, and this now working Yosemite. I'm going to clone it over in a sec, run Multibeast and see if anything's broken. I'll report back with the endgame results.**

--The gist here -- Try a fresh install and then restore from Time Machine -- If your hardware is known to be compatible, you might have some kexts or some other wonked variables negatively impacting the process. !Make sure you have WORKING backups of everything! Migration Assistant usually has undesirable effects on hackintosh's.

Thanks for the information on what you are doing. It will help I am sure. I am out of town for work and won't be back to my office to give it a try until Friday. I will look for your updates and process you used. I have additional hard drives I can put in the machine to do a clean install away from my Mavericks install with my working Profile/Apps/Etc...

Thanks for any info you share, its is appreciated.

Ok, so endgame... well long story short I have a working system drive running Mavericks with everything in order.

The short story long is that after I migrated everything into Yosemite, I then cloned that to my system drive. Tried to boot and I got the same error I had been getting--unbelievable right? It just worked on another drive--tried booting back to the test and same error. Then I tried restoring a backup and it wouldn't load! I had been using the last free version of Carbon Copy and I ran it in the test Yosemite I had running. For some reason it goofed my backups--and of course I didn't test them before copying over the sys drive. After fumbling with it another week I was able to restore Mavericks from Time Machine--thank God.

I do still have a working install of Yosemite on another drive and was able to migrate everything except the applications. Apparently something in that is screwing it up. I really don't feel like installing everything just to upgrade, but it may be a viable option for you--my mistake to use something hacked together as my work pc. I am going to keep trying to get the upgrade to go through but I am going to take a hiatus; lost about two weeks as is, while I should of been focusing on other things, and just don't have the time. Keep me posted if you get it, and if I feel compelled and sort it out, i'll let you know.

Good luck

...and whatever you do, test your backups before you wipe or experiment with anything!

Thanks! I haven't been able to get the time to work on this the last couple of weekends. I have been traveling for work and weekends with kids in basketball season being in full swing. I am hoping I have this weekend to work on it. Thanks for your information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back