Contribute
Register

ASUS P7P55D-E Pro: Cant get Yosemite to install/boot. Details inside - any help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I did. I use the DSDT file for bios version 2003 I believe for my motherboard. But I had to as well for the Mavericks / Multibeast install, so I figured to keep it the same under Clover & Yosemite.

This is the one that I selected to use based on Asus P7P55D-E Pro

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 3.23.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 3.23.58 PM.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 119
Thats good. You can try both with and without, but ensure you have the same bios version number to prevent compatibility issues. :)

Thats good. You can try both with and without, but ensure you have the same bios version number to prevent compatibility issues. :)

Ok, BIOS and DSDT listed for download on this sight are both 1602 - Check
I grabbed the config.plist you sent me - Check
Followed the Guide here on this site you linked me to and placed files in right spots - Check

Patriots won the game and are heading to the AFC Championship - Check (hehehe)

Time to try booting and getting install down now.

Thanks,

Same point of failure as with Chimera (UniBeast).

/sigh/

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

Back to square one.... Really wish I could find more info on this freezing point. Nothing has been definative in anything I can find on this. Nothing solid and some general guessing.

Can anyone chime in at all?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    789.7 KB · Views: 119
So, it is not necessarily Clover that is causing the issue. Unibeast gives the same results? And this is an issue only for Yosemite. Wow! That is tough to troubleshoot. I am assuming that you tried it with and without the DSDT file?

So, it is not necessarily Clover that is causing the issue. Unibeast gives the same results? And this is an issue only for Yosemite. Wow! That is tough to troubleshoot. I am assuming that you tried it with and without the DSDT file?

Correct. Same with or without DSDT. Same with clover or chimera

Thing is I can find nothing definitive for the issue and how they solved it. Just lots of speculation and just as many questions.

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

Makes no sense at all

So when I get to this point, I go back to basics and see if I can identify the problem using the process of elimination. Don't hate me for this ... :crazy:

but if you have time:

I believe you indicated that you had no problem with Mavericks. So recreate the Clover process just as you have done, but using the Install Mavericks Image instead, the config.plist I provided, with/without the DSDT file to see if it works. At the very least we will rule out: a) that something is different in Yosemite which needs addressing or b) a potential problem with the USB key? Theoretically, Mavericks should install properly. If it doesn't, then we know something changed with the hardware that is preventing the install from working correctly. Just a thought!

Miro

It is a good thought. I am out of town working at customer site. Will work on it as soon as I get home Thursday night. Will tinker with it Friday.

I have used 2 different USB thumb drives BTW. One for Clover and a different one for Unibeast/Chimera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back