Contribute
Register

ASUS P7P55D-E Pro: Cant get Yosemite to install/boot. Details inside - any help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, I think I discovered how to get to manually be able to enter the boot flags. At the menu press "O" and there is a line in which you see the Dart=0 string, cursor down to it, hit enter and you can begin to type, hit enter again "saves" it (only for that boot session) then I can select the drive I want to boot from (the USB) and then I am back to nothing again lol.

It stays on the Apple logo with the progress bar, nothing else.

Going to use the nv_disable flag but add the -v flag to see what it is hanging on, hope it isn't the same old AHCPI thing that I am experiencing with chameleon.

Thanks as always.

Great! Thanks for sharing! Nv_disable is the only boot flag I use just to get the install going. I had the same issue as you where the progress bar gets stuck at the apple logo. The others, which would already have been included if you use the config.plist from the the guide, are the kext dev mode and the kext inject for nvidia card. Let me know how you make out. I think you are probably 80% there for the install. The post install configuration may be your next challenge. :crazy:

Great! Thanks for sharing! Nv_disable is the only boot flag I use just to get the install going. I had the same issue as you where the progress bar gets stuck at the apple logo. The others, which would already have been included if you use the config.plist from the the guide, are the kext dev mode and the kext inject for nvidia card. Let me know how you make out. I think you are probably 80% there for the install. The post install configuration may be your next challenge. :crazy:

I used the standard plist that was in the guild. Should I try the NVidia one? I have Nvidia cards... Thoughts?

Thanks as always.

Most definitely use the Nvidia file and add the nv_disable=1 in the boot argument. If that doesn't work, I can send you a modified version? I can't wait to see what happens now. lol

Most definitely use the Nvidia file and add the nv_disable=1 in the boot argument. If that doesn't work, I can send you a modified version? I can't wait to see what happens now. lol

well, should I give you my email address now for the modified version :)

Sure! If you are comfortable sharing your email address. I tried to send a private message, but we need 75 posts before being able to use private messaging. :)

Sure! If you are comfortable sharing your email address. I tried to send a private message, but we need 75 posts before being able to use private messaging. :)

I know, right, who thought that was a good idea??? And if you spam messages to get to 75 you get banned. SMH.... wtf, right?

75... stupid number!

perkinsr at me dot com

On its way to you! :D

You may want to check the junk folder if you do not receive it. It may interpret the file as a virus.

Hope it works! Got my fingers crossed. :thumbup:

On its way to you! :D

You may want to check the junk folder if you do not receive it. It may interpret the file as a virus.

Hope it works! Got my fingers crossed. :thumbup:

Nope, not in Junk :)

I will give it a try. You said you did NOT use a DSDT file either, right?

Thanks,

Actually, I did. I use the DSDT file for bios version 2003 I believe for my motherboard. But I had to as well for the Mavericks / Multibeast install, so I figured to keep it the same under Clover & Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back