Contribute
Register

ASUS P7P55D-E Pro: Cant get Yosemite to install/boot. Details inside - any help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you input the boot flags prior to booting? I need to input the flags I indicated in order to boot for install. :)

Did you input the boot flags prior to booting? I need to input the flags I indicated in order to boot for install. :)

Were would I do that? In the past, I have added the flags after getting to the boot menu (using Chamelon with UniBeast). How would I insert them without a boot menu? Sorry if that is a dumb questions....

Not dumb at all! I just couldn't tell at what point you got the black screen. So if you are not getting a boot menu, then it seems that the usb wasn't formatted or created correctly. Did you also download and include the files recommended in the guide, like the following:

20. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ and replace default config.plist with attached config.plist*
21. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/ and create a folder called 10.10
22. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and ad
FakeSMC.kext
23. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add
your ethernet kext
24. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
25. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and a
HFSPlus.efi
26. (Optional) Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ and add DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml

Should you be able to get a boot menu, that's where you would be able to enter the boot flags. I am sorry, it is really hard to diagnose what the issue behind a screen. :)

My board is non-uefi but fortunate to be able to run Clover with no issues. I used the guide for non-uefi systems. :)

Not dumb at all! I just couldn't tell at what point you got the black screen. So if you are not getting a boot menu, then it seems that the usb wasn't formatted or created correctly. Did you also download and include the files recommended in the guide, like the following:

20. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ and replace default config.plist with attached config.plist*
21. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/ and create a folder called 10.10
22. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and ad
FakeSMC.kext
23. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add
your ethernet kext
24. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
25. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and a
HFSPlus.efi
26. (Optional) Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ and add DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml

Should you be able to get a boot menu, that's where you would be able to enter the boot flags. I am sorry, it is really hard to diagnose what the issue behind a screen. :)

Going to start it again from scratch :)

Thanks,

I would use Chimera instead of Clover because your Motherboard is not UEFI.

Chimera is what I have been trying for weeks to get going with zero luck. The screen shot shows the result of using it. I have successfully used this setup of hardware and UniBeast/MultiBeast for years (as posted in my original thread). Wishing that someone would be able to see the screenshot and tell me what is happening that is so different with a Yosemite Build from previous OS builds using the same process and hardware/software?

Thanks,

This may sound like a dumb question. With Chameleon I get to the boot menu, hit space and am able to type any of the boot options I want. With Clover (yes, I finally got to the boot menu yaaaaaaa), I hit space and I get a menu selection of different boot options, but nothing to be able to type in my own. So, how do I get to the part to type in the suggested boot options?

Thanks

Good for you! I knew you could do it. :)

I can't remember what the Clover boot menu looks like anymore and I don't believe I kept the USB key. However, I am pretty sure you can modify the config.plist file located in /efi/clover directory and you can add your boot arguments there. Locate this section in the file and add the arguments as highlighted below:

<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disable=1</string>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>MacHDD</string>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Log</key>
<true/>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>10</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<string>NO</string>

If you need any other boot flags, you can add them within the "string" argument. Let me know if that works!

Regards.

Good for you! I knew you could do it. :)

I can't remember what the Clover boot menu looks like anymore and I don't believe I kept the USB key. However, I am pretty sure you can modify the config.plist file located in /efi/clover directory and you can add your boot arguments there. Locate this section in the file and add the arguments as highlighted below:

<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disable=1</string>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>MacHDD</string>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Log</key>
<true/>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>10</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<string>NO</string>

If you need any other boot flags, you can add them within the "string" argument. Let me know if that works!

Regards.

I will give it a try. Is that the only boot flag you used to get it installed? Post Installation, did you use any certain boot flags?

Thanks a ton... slowly but surely (what is really messing with my head is why it is now so difficult - I have used this hardware and config for the last 2 or 3 OS's without a single issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back