Contribute
Register

ASUS P7P55D-E Pro: Cant get Yosemite to install/boot. Details inside - any help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P7P55D-E Pro
CPU
i5-760 Lynnfield 2.8 LGA1156
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT (x2)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have had no issues in the past getting 10.7, 10.8 or 10.9 to install on this system. Worked like magic. Since getting the newest Unibeast and 10.10. I can't even get the USB to boot without using "-x, GraphicsEnabler=Yes,maxmem=4096,npci=0x2000.

Once it loads and I load the OS on a drive (tried upgrading my existing 10.9 install, that isn't booting either). I can not get the OS to boot, stays stuck on the Apple logo with a progress bar. Even when trying the same boot parameters, I end up with the same result.

ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
16GB RAM (4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz)
GeForce 9500 GT (x2, one made by Zotac)
i5

I have the DSDT for this motherboard downloaded and on the USB, I have Multibeast on the USB I made with UniBeast (all latest versions). This is the first time I have been stumped like this in building my Hackintosh. I have done it successfully for the past 6 years.

Any thoughts or ideas at all?

Thanks for all help offered.... I am willing to try just about anything.

Okay let us do this by the numbers.

Is the DSDT.aml file located on the installer USB in the hidden /Extra folder?

Boot your install using the -v verbose mode and attach a screen photo of where the boot faults.

Good modding,
neil

Thanks for you post, I will get the screenshot posted.

As for the DSDT file, in the past, I have put the Mulitbeast and the DSDT file in the root of the usb, and then after the install, when I ran Multibeast, I would provide the DSDT file at that time to be placed on my system during Multibeast. I am going to put it in the hidden directory on the USB made by Unibeast.

I have also removed all but 2 of the memory sticks and the second video card (leaving just the one and the on board video is disable in the BIOS as it has always been).

-rp-

Here is a screenshot.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    778.1 KB · Views: 249
I have a similar motherboard and what helped me with the install was nv_disable=1 flag just to get it going. I didn't have to do that with Mavericks.

Good luck!

I have a similar motherboard and what helped me with the install was nv_disable=1 flag just to get it going. I didn't have to do that with Mavericks.

Good luck!

Did you have to use that flag always? I have gotten the install part done, but once installed, can't get it to boot to get Multibeast installed.

Thanks.

No. I only used the flag for the install portion. I then installed the web drivers and removed the flag as obviously the screen will be distorted with the flag. I am using Clover so I am not able to comment on multibeast. :)

No. I only used the flag for the install portion. I then installed the web drivers and removed the flag as obviously the screen will be distorted with the flag. I am using Clover so I am not able to comment on multibeast. :)

Just tried using Clover and the USB won't even boot up. Just a Black screen with a blinking cursor. Is there a build guide you used for your Clover build? I downloaded the latest version of Clover (3113).... Other than AHCI mode in your bios is there any other settings you may have set?

Thanks.....

I used the Clover guide from here. I did include DSDT for the P7P55D, NV_disable=1, GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Try to follow this guide. I really did not have to do anything different from this guide except for the NV_Disable flag:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

I know how frustrating this can be, but keep at it. Don't skip anything from the guide, except for the Nv_disable at boot.

Best of luck! :)

I have tried using clover and all I get when trying to boot from the usb created is a black screen with a blinking cursor. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back