Contribute
Register

Asus P7P55 DSDT sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
aleister said:
Mh... which graphics Card are you using ? I use a ATi 5750 with SL Graphics Update 1.0 and Kabyls bootloader (Graphicsenabler=yes,64Bit)

Strange Voodoohda 2.7.2 MUST be working for you...its working here on the same Chip and for all other Users i know.

Do you use SL 10.6.4 ?

My graphic card is Nvidia GTS250 with NVEnabler 64.kext. on SL 10.6.4

The problem with VoodooHDA 2.7.2 is optical! everything work but not optical and I have a 5.1 DTS optical speaker.

thaksa said:
aleister said:
Mh... which graphics Card are you using ? I use a ATi 5750 with SL Graphics Update 1.0 and Kabyls bootloader (Graphicsenabler=yes,64Bit)

Strange Voodoohda 2.7.2 MUST be working for you...its working here on the same Chip and for all other Users i know.

Do you use SL 10.6.4 ?

The problem with VoodooHDA 2.7.2 is optical! everything work but not optical and I have a 5.1 DTS optical speaker.

ah ok...you know that DD live and DTS connect (like your System)doesnt work on SL ?!"
You will only have sterero PCM through SPDIF, or AC3/DTS passtrough, but no "dts encoding on the fly"

aleister said:
thaksa said:
aleister said:

Do you use SL 10.6.4 ?

ah ok...you know that DD live and DTS connect (like your System)doesnt work on SL ?!"
You will only have sterero PCM through SPDIF, or AC3/DTS passtrough, but no "dts encoding on the fly"

I connect to DTS speaker via SPDIF and only DTS works but not AC3.(play mkv movies on plex and xbmc with VoodooHDA2.7.0 and with VoodooHDA 2.7.2 SPDIF is not working at all) but this is not a big ploblem now.

Can you please tell me step by step how you install your SL 10.6. I still have problem with sleep and speedstep, Now my cpu fan is very noisy. This is what I did.

1. boot with iboot disc and install 10.6 retail.
2. After finish, use multibeast to install DSDT from you and tonymacx86's DSDT database.
3. Install NVEnable 64.kext and VoodooHDA 2.7.0 Kext Utility.
4. Upgrade with 10.6.4 combo.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Rusa’s Mac Pro.zip
    323.3 KB · Views: 80
About Speedstep:

What i found is that the CPU Clock changes every 1-3 seconds when you use the Imac11,1 and macpro4.1 smbios.plist. You can see it with msrtools.
The CPU clock should stay low in Idle and should clock up under Load, but with Imac11.1 it changes without any Reason and not Laod dependet !

Thats very strange...but it has nothing to do withg our Board/Cpu /DSDt
I know a few other Threads about the same Thing. Maybe its only a msrtools Problem/Bug.. im not sure, but its very strange!
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1415&hilit=msrtools

But! : With macpro3.1 smbios native Speedstep 100% works correct Ok!
The clock stays down constantly at 1350Mhz (ony my i5 750)and goes up under Load including TuroBoost ,as it have to be !

So i use macpro3.1 smbios without any (native)Speedstep Problems

I made a new DSDT because the old one was overpatched.

Autosleep works and Wake up from Sleep via USB(Mouse and Keyboard)

Ah, i found that my random freezes and Kernel Panics was caused by a defective mainboard. The Rams Slots where dead/corrupted (DualChannel was not working anymore and 2 Slots completely Dead) .
Now its stable :)

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    37.6 KB · Views: 190
aleister said:

Ah, i found that my random freezes and Kernel Panics was caused by a defective mainboard. The Rams Slots where dead/corrupted (DualChannel was not working anymore and 2 Slots completely Dead) .

Thanks! aleister
Will try it tonight.

aleister said:

The problem still remain. After I wake up, my computer still restart itself. May be my problem is not da mainboard or DSDT :crazy:

Thanks anyway!

thaksa said:
aleister said:

The problem still remain. After I wake up, my computer still restart itself. May be my problem is not da mainboard or DSDT :crazy:

Thanks anyway!
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1165

aleister, I just found the problem. It cause by Nvenable64.kext for my GTS250 graphic card. If I'm not install this all sleep work very well :D but I will not be able to connect my lcd screen via hdmi :(

Thanks you!

thaksa said:
aleister, I just found the problem. It cause by Nvenable64.kext for my GTS250 graphic card. If I'm not install this all sleep work very well :D but I will not be able to connect my lcd screen via hdmi :(

Thanks you!

fine :) I thought there must be something
Yep, had a GTS250 Card for 3 days...only VGA was working, so i send it back and now i use a ATI HD5750 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes in 64Bit. All Outs(HDMi,DVI,VGA Dongle) are working without any extra Kext, only the kabyl Booter file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back