Contribute
Register

Asus P7H55-M Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a similar board (p7H55-M/USB3) running SL 10.6.5, and I can't get the power button working. When I set it to sleep in System Preference, it somehow sleep the machine (blank out display, but harddisk/fan still runnnig). When I not set it, it doesn't do anything at all. I already try the following dsdt patch but still no success.

Device (PWRB)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C")) ---> Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C"))
Name (_UID, 0xAA)
Name (_STA, 0x0B)
}

Thanks for any advice.

Hi,
I think your power button will be working fine with that change, but have you done the other changes to dsdt? there are quite a few that are needed to make sleep work.

Another thing could be your ram. I got symptoms like that when my ram sticks weren't matched, the computer wouldn't sleep correctly. I don't have matched 2gb sticks, but I do have matched 1gb sticks. Sleep would work with either the matched 1gb pair, or just a single 2gb stick. It would not work with the pair and a single 2gb, or with any unmatched pair of 2gb sticks.

Andrew

I have matching rams.

I remove most of the unnecessary extensions in \Extra\Extension and now my machine can sleep when I press the power button, so I don't need the shutdown fix for now. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back