Graphics
NVidia GTX 285
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When installing and boot flagging via Clover, I cab only get as far as a black screen with a white Apple logo. After that, everything panics out and my system restarts.

I installed El Capitan using Legacy mode with UniBeast. BIOS is the same and hasn't/doesn't need to change.

When Clover comes up I go to Settings > bootargs: and enter GraphicsEnabler=yes -x (the same ones I usually used with Chimera).

I get to that black/white Apple screen, and then everything panics on me. Here's a photo and some video I was able to capture before the system reset.

IMG_0096.jpg

Here are videos of the panics I'm getting.

[video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrp6qojoxu2d6ve/IMG_0146.m4v?dl=0[/video]

[video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/p34rqj7skjx1dpx/IMG_0148.m4v?dl=0[/video]

If you can't get the USB install drive to start the installer, then yes, on some working machine you can run Clover Configurator against the config.plist on the USB installer drive. Then when you boot from the USB and do the install it should use those settings.

Ok so I got through the installer. Have it installed. Followed the rest of the steps too. However I can't boot into the drive without first using the install USB.

When I do, I get a panic and my system resets again and again.

When I use the install USB to boot in, everything is fine.

Sidebar:

Can't connect to any iCloud services it seems. Is this normal?

Start by getting the system running, then you can work on the iMessage/etc. services.

The big list of solutions has some entries if you can only boot from the USB drive.

If none of that helps, try to boot verbose and get a photo of the panic before the reboot for troubleshooting.

Ok. Right now replacing everything within EFi>Clover

Clover Config seems to be detected multiple config.plist's in multiple locations on the USB. Is that normal? And, if yes, which one is the main config? The first one in Clover I'm guessing?

Replacing everything within EFi>Clover from the USB install drives seems to have done the trick. The drive now boots without the aid of the USB.

Now onto these iCloud issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back