Contribute
Register

ASUS P6TSE Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
immapc said:
I found a DSDT over on InsanelyMac forum for the P6TSE. Not sure if it was completed properly but if you want to give it a try.

The BIOS version is 0908.
I used that one as well but seem to hit same problems.

immapc said:
Update to 10.6.4 and then install the SL Graphics update. Use the ATI_Vervet Kext to run the 5770. 32Bit GraphicsEnabler=No . You have to do the Graphics update to make the ATI work.

Here is a post of how to do the update for a Gigabyte board so just use the different DSDT you found and pretty much follow the guidlines for the Software Updates and you should be good to go.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4837

I tried the userdsdt method in multibeast couple of times but havent been able to get it to complete, when I run the 10.6.4 update it works fine, then run the graphicsupdate but halfway down the install leads to kernel panic, so did not manage to install multibeast, have a look at the screenshot.
dsc02058z.jpg

so finally did not run the Graphics update instead used the 10.6.5 combo update and multibeast, now have the graphics working and OSX working fine, only bit missing is the audio, going to try few options again, will update on how it goes from here.

Frther update, tried all four options in the multibeast of legacy audio kexts along with the HDEnabler kexts with no luck, tried the 10.6.2 rollback with no response.

Have tested speakers and hardware using Ubuntu live CD and sound works perfectly, would appreciate if anyone who has working sound with this MB would like to share their kext or a link with me.

Edit: Tried once more and this time managed to get the sound using the 10.6.2 kext rollback, although sound output is only via 2 speakers. I have 5.1 surround, mic works as well. So do have a working osx now (thanks everyone for the support) but still looking to get the full sound working. ASUS P6T SE uses the Realtek ALC1200 for onboard sound, would love to know if anyone has kext for same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back