Contribute
Register

ASUS P6TSE Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update to 10.6.4 and then install the SL Graphics update. Use the ATI_Vervet Kext to run the 5770. 32Bit GraphicsEnabler=No . You have to do the Graphics update to make the ATI work.

Here is a post of how to do the update for a Gigabyte board so just use the different DSDT you found and pretty much follow the guidlines for the Software Updates and you should be good to go.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4837

immapc said:
Use the ATI_Vervet Kext to run the 5770. 32Bit GraphicsEnabler=No . You have to do the Graphics update to make the ATI work.

Can you give me some idea where to find the ATI Vervet Kext, I googled it and found one in kext downloads but that one did not work.

I did the rebuild again and with Graphics disabled and arch=i386 option I can boot and install to a working SL, can get the audio to work though and not able to find the right kext for my Graphics card. Tried running the Graphics update and restarted but then failed to boot into SL. Am reinstalling again and will try it again, will post a screen if get stuck again. would appreciate if you can give me a link where to find the right kext.

Thanks

jemmyuk said:
immapc said:
Use the ATI_Vervet Kext to run the 5770. 32Bit GraphicsEnabler=No . You have to do the Graphics update to make the ATI work.

Can you give me some idea where to find the ATI Vervet Kext, I googled it and found one in kext downloads but that one did not work.

I did the rebuild again and with Graphics disabled and arch=i386 option I can boot and install to a working SL, can get the audio to work though and not able to find the right kext for my Graphics card. Tried running the Graphics update and restarted but then failed to boot into SL. Am reinstalling again and will try it again, will post a screen if get stuck again. would appreciate if you can give me a link where to find the right kext.

Thanks
You can find it here in MultiBeast.

MacMan said:
jemmyuk said:
immapc said:

Thanks
You can find it here in MultiBeast.

The ATI Vevet kext worked beautifully, now can get full resolution, not able to get sound though, tried various combinations of audio kexts in multibeast, any idea which one works best with Asus P6TSE MB?

Yeah you need the 889 Legacy and the 889 HD both selected at the same time... oh wait P6TSE is different than the ASUS board I had... P6X58D. If it doesn't work try the others clicking the HD and Legacy at the same time. I know that was what did it for the X58 chipset using that combo of HD and Legacy though.

immapc said:
Yeah you need the 889 Legacy and the 889 HD both selected at the same time... oh wait P6TSE is different than the ASUS board I had... P6X58D. If it doesn't work try the others clicking the HD and Legacy at the same time. I know that was what did it for the X58 chipset using that combo of HD and Legacy though.
Do I need to delete the previous kexts before trying to load the new ones?

Did you follow the right update procedure for 10.6.3 to 10.6.4 and then Run the Snow Leopard Graphics Update? Then goto MultiBeast and Select Kexts and DSDT? You have to update these to get the ATI card to work.

immapc said:
Did you follow the right update procedure for 10.6.3 to 10.6.4 and then Run the Snow Leopard Graphics Update? Then goto MultiBeast and Select Kexts and DSDT? You have to update these to get the ATI card to work.
Yes I did that, ATI graphics works fine, but only in 32 bit mode, only sound is the issue which I havent been able to fix, tried all combinations of legacy and HD enabler kexts in multibeast with no luck, even tried the rollback option but so far no sound.

Attachments

• Twin 120 fans on G5.jpg
    Twin 120 fans on G5.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 111
immapc said:

Did a clean install again, can boot into osx but noting random freezes, after many attempts managed to run multibeast without proceding with installation, ran the 10.6.4 update then Graphics update but towards end of Graphics update get kernel panic and after that refuses to boot into osx even in safe mode, tried install one more time, everything worked ok until tried the graphics update and kp again. Been trying to make this work for a long time now, guess will need to leave it for some time, taking a lot of time with frustrating results

If you think I am doing something wrong then please let me know will try possibly next weekend or when have a bit more time

I found a DSDT over on InsanelyMac forum for the P6TSE. Not sure if it was completed properly but if you want to give it a try.

The BIOS version is 0908.

Attachments

• P6T_SE_ASUS_0908.aml.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back