Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P6T (bios rev 1408)
CPU
i7-920
Graphics
HD 5750
Hey .. having issues getting to the snow leopard install screen ... It gets stuck on the IOAPIC line ... I'm using boot 132 ... Tried PCIrootUID=1 (-x , -v , graphicsenabler=no) variations ..

After doing some reading sounds like it could be something to do with the dsdt ... But I'm not sure how to proceed as I've never needed anything else other than boot 132 to do this on my older machine that has the P6T Deluxe V2 .. ??

Once all extensions are loaded , just before it loads the snow leopard installer my screen cuts to no signal and my fan speeds up real fast ... and stays on a high speed until i power off. I never get to see the grey apple screen at any point.

All Bios settings are set (AHCPI etc..)

DSDT database doesn't contain this board exactly ...

Can someone offer advice for getting past this roadblock ?

Last edited:
20170930_171233.jpg

Found a dsdt for my board and used the user dsdt method in multibeast by putting it in desktop as dsdt.aml .. I can now advance past the IOAPIC line ..and I can now see the Grey apple screen .. however it's hanging .. tried with verbose ... Now stuck at:

"Phywaitforautonegotiation TIMEOUT"

Any ideas ? Also tried including the realtek gigabit Ethernet driver in multibeast to no avail ... Help

From what i understand my hardware (asus p6t , i7 920) are vanilla .. and therefore iboot should work fine considering, and i shouldn't have to use a dsdt patch correct ??

However, when i follow the guide ... i get to IOAPIC line problem ... and further reading into that, leads me to a DSDT issue ??

So i've tried installing chimera via multibeast to a USB (using user DSDT and my boards .aml) and restored my retail OSX SL .dmg to a second partition ... I'm getting stuck at various other lines ... "phywaitforautonegotiation TIMEOUT" > tried disabling lan .. then "PushCPU_CSTData - CSI evaluation failed" etc ...

which route do i go ?? if you could be a bit more specific it would be appreciated !

Looks like it was a possible combo of turning "load line calibration" off in bios + GraphicsEnabler=No ... I was happy to be greeted with snow leopard installer screen .. will let you know how I make out thnx !

Have you tried searching for other builds on the forum with your hardware? Seems I remember several in the User Builds forum with "How I installed on my hardware" guides.

I found this on the first try: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/install-snow-leopard-on-asus-p6t.13792/

Hey, So install of SL went smooth... I updated to 10.6.6 and patched with Multibeast etc... another roadblock, however ... after installing chimera and attempting to boot from hdd ... i get boot0:Error

Did reading and will attempt this :

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/boot0-error-the-official-guide.65706/

On another note, in regards to graphics support for my Radeon HD5750 ... In most guides on the website, it states i should be using the "Chameleon ATI experimental" bootloader ... however, it's only found in older version of Multibeast like 3.0.3 etc.. I'm currently using multibeast 3.8.0 and after looking at some release logs, looks like Chimera superseeds Chameleon ATI experimental .... but, the graphics enabler doesn't work with my card, (i have to disable to boot into SL) Should I just install the older Chameleon ATI experimental bootloader ?? Should or should i update to 10.6.8 (read somewhere that it has native graphics acceleration for most 5 series cards, however not mine specifically ...)

any advice appreciated...

Last edited:
Hey, So install of SL went smooth... I updated to 10.6.6 and patched with Multibeast etc... another roadblock, however ... after installing chimera and attempting to boot from hdd ... i get boot0:Error

Did reading and will attempt this :

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/boot0-error-the-official-guide.65706/

On another note, in regards to graphics support for my Radeon HD5750 ... In most guides on the website, it states i should be using the "Chameleon ATI experimental" bootloader ... however, it's only found in older version of Multibeast like 3.0.3 etc.. I'm currently using multibeast 3.8.0 and after looking at some release logs, looks like Chimera superseeds Chameleon ATI experimental .... but, the graphics enabler doesn't work with my card, i have to disable to boot into SL ?? Should I just install the older Chameleon ATI experimental bootloader ?? Should or should i update to 10.6.8 (read somewhere that it has native graphics acceleration for most 5 series cards, however not mine specifically ...)

any advice appreciated...
ATI/AMD HD57xx cards did not get support in SL until 10.6.7/10.6.8 depending on GPU model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back