Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys.
This is my first attempt at a Hackintosh and I have very little experience with Apple Macs also. I have successfully installed Snow Leopard onto my old PC using iBoot and Multi Beast and everything went fine however the ethernet port doesn't appear to be working. I installed the .kext files included with multibeast and have recently installed the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext using kext helper b7. The kext file appears in the Extensions folder and under system profiler it appears to recognise the ethernet port but I still can't connect to the internet. Also the led light on the ethernet port is orange. Pretty sure it should be green.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
With thanks,
Alex.

Wich ethernet it is exactly? You can know that with lspci

Thanks for the reply.

LSPCI lists my ethernet controller as:

"02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 02)

sevi1328 said:
Hi Guys.
This is my first attempt at a Hackintosh and I have very little experience with Apple Macs also. I have successfully installed Snow Leopard onto my old PC using iBoot and Multi Beast and everything went fine however the ethernet port doesn't appear to be working. I installed the .kext files included with multibeast and have recently installed the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext using kext helper b7. The kext file appears in the Extensions folder and under system profiler it appears to recognise the ethernet port but I still can't connect to the internet. Also the led light on the ethernet port is orange. Pretty sure it should be green.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
With thanks,
Alex.

I have the same motherboard. Lnx2mac's NIC driver package got the onboard NIC going.

http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/p/realtekrt ... river.html

Thanks for the replies guys.

Your kext worked like a charm Lnx2Mac. Thanks heaps for that. You are a legend. Now to try and navigate my way around Mac OS X!!!

Cheers.

sevi1328 said:
Your kext worked like a charm Lnx2Mac. Thanks heaps for that. You are a legend. Now to try and navigate my way around Mac OS X!!!
:lol:
Glad it helps !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back