Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm on an Asus P5QL Pro with an e5200 processor and 4GB of RAM without extra USB peripherals or other hard drives. I followed the iBoot+Multibeast method but received various EBIOS errors upon trying to boot the new OS from iBoot for the first time as follows:

1) Set BIOS to ACHI
2) Wipe disk all formatting/partitions
3) boot retail installation CD using iBoot
4) Select Utilities > Disk Utility > and create 1 Mac OS Extended (Journaled) partition w/ a GUID table
5) Install Snow Leopard onto the new partition
6) Select "restart", then shutdown, power on, insert iBoot disc, select new Mac installation
7) Receive the "You need to restart your computer" Mac screen
8) Upon restart, received EBIOS read error 0x09 block 0x26b34c sectors 0

I then tried a couple variations:

variation 1
Steps 1 - 5 the same, but at the iBoot selection screen I put the Mac CD in and upon trying to boot the OS I got EBIOS read error 0x09 block 0x3f5c08, 0x18a96a, and 0x3f69d8 sectors 0

variation 2
Steps 1 - 5 the same, but at the iBoot selection screen I removed the iBoot disc without replacing it and got EBIOS error 0xbb block 0xae, 0x26b34c, and 0x26c1dc sectors 0

I've done a search on the forums and found a number of similar 0x09 EBIOS errors (all with ASUS P5QL MBs), none of which were resolved except one.

I have only a couple ideas from my reading: 1) disconnect the unused eSATA port in my front panel 2) using enhanced IDE and ACPI set to S3 as described the thread above. 3) remove my extra RAM. However, since I've already tried installing OSX six or seven times today, I'm going to give it a rest.

I gave up and upgraded my hardware to the stuff listed in my profile which you can easily read all about if you're interested. I know I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back