Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm sorry, I've searched high and low for my answer and have finally posted here. Thank you.

I have several mob/CPU combinations (finally tore apart my bone closet) and am hoping one may suffice as the building base for a Hackintosh? These three listed below are my best shot for now...:

*BIOSTAR GF7050V-M7- LGA775 Pentium 4
*ASUS PSLP-LE - Intel 775
*ASUS P5L-VM1394 - Intel 945G

Somewhere to start or shall I pull apart a few more computers? I am looking to build a simple Hackintosh, not a power house. Thanx folks.

biostar will be a pain in the balls as its using an nvidia chipset.
the PSLP-LE is a hp board, id leave that just cos i hate hp.

the most likely candidate would be P5L-VM1394

drop in a 65nm core2 (might have to update the bios) and a graphics card, and itll be the basis for a nice cheap system

btw, youve got no cpus listed there.
lga775 (and 775 by itself) is the socket. the number refers to the amount of pins in the socket.
all three are socket 775.

the 945g is the chipset used on the board.

buy yourself a cheap core2 based cpu, eg E2160, they can be picked up dirt cheap.

Hey! Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't looked at the cpus yet. That's for next weekend ;) Hoping I have a chip and graphics card to continue the build. Thanks again.

I couldn't wait till next weekend. The CPUs I have are:

Celeron D 3.20ghz
Pentium D 3.0ghz
Dual-Core E2220

I'm hoping you're going to tell me the E2220 is the chip I'm seeking out of my bone yard....

e2220 is what youre looking for

Yay! It's going to be hard to wait until next weekend to build. Thanx again!

I'm running the p5l-vm1394 on 10.6.7 everything works let me know if you run into any hiccups I'd be happy to chime in.

That's good to know! Thanx for the input. I got lucky and found a couple one gig sticks of ddr2-667 ram for the board too. Yay!

Curious, what have you got for ram, a graphics card, hard drive and optical drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back