Motherboard
msi H81I
CPU
i3-4170
Graphics
intel hd4400
Mac
  1. iMac
Performed clean ML installs on both systems without any major problems. However both system reported DVD initialization error 70012 when trying to play a movie DVD with the built in DVDplayer app. VLC also would not play the movie reporting a permission denial error. Data disks, disk burning and photo disks worked well without problems. The P5Q has a LIte-On old style ATA DVD burner while the P5b had a Lite-On SATA burner. Both systems had performed flawlessly with Lion 10.7.4.

Fixed the P5Q by removing the ML JmicronATA kext and replacing it with the one In Multibeast 4.6.1. The P5B required replacement of the sata drive with an older ATA drive and again replacing the original Jmicron kext with the one from Multibeast. Also noticed that both drives reported unknown profile paths in system preferences under disc burning before applying the fixes. Could not make the Sata drive work without replacing the hardware.

Anyway hope this helps others who get the problem besides this issue ML is good.

My MB is P5Q .I had same problem before in ML.But after I patch dsdt for Intel ESB2 AHCI, everything seem OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back