Graphics
XFX Radeon HD 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I build a UD3P C2Q Hack a couple years ago and I am very happy with it. I am debating between getting a new Sandy Bridge UD7 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 02415&SID= that one specifically. Or the Asus Maximus IV Extreme which is more http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 02415&SID= But the review comparison just seems like Gigabyte is just going through massive hell with Sandy Bridge.

Now I am not asking how smooth the mobo will be as a hackintosh choice. I just remember when I built my C2Q hack, Gigabyte was just a pretty safe road to take. Unsure if this Asus used the advanced mousable bios screen but if it in fact does will that effect trying to install OS X on it?

Also another quick question will I be able to install OS X on it now or will I most likely have to wait? Thanks for your time.

it's looking like i am better off getting asus. I think I am just going to get the Deluxe board they have. It looks solid, there are some issues. It's also hard to tell what is the problem because some have said the board is more stable when not using certain sata ports, most of them with problems seem to overclock which I do not plan to do. From what I can tell I can't go to wrong either way asus or gigabyte these days, really got to give it up to the OS X community for making vanilla hackintosh easier to do.

One question I do have and please get back to me is... does the OS X on non official hardware still have that issue where certain software says can't install on a Power PC Mac?

edit: just found the sandy bridge section under labs forums, lots of great info. former insanelymac user and very glad you guys are very active. This forum is awesome and I am looking forward to a sandy bridge hackintosh.

Good luck on the ASUS build. I just ordered the parts for a Sandy build around a Gigabyte mb. GA-P67A-UD3-B3 . I made my decision based on the Gordo74 build in the Sandy Bridge forum. Lots of experience with Gigabyte boards can be found on this forum and DSDT's came out today . I'm sure you will do well with your Asus and you will find a lot of help here. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back