Contribute
Register

ASUS notebook X751LD post installation help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,

I just installed OS X El Capitan on my ASUS X751LD notebook with the Unibeast + Clover + Multibeast method.
I didn't had much trouble installing it (just needed to add nv_disable=1 in the clover boot parameters), also after the installation it boots just fine. However, there are some things which don't work out of the box. Since I am a total noob in case of Hackintoshs (I own a MacBook mid 2009 though) I thought of asking for help over here.

My hardware specs are:
Mainboard: ASUSTeK X751LD
CPU: Haswell Intel Core i5 4210U
RAM: 2x4096 MB Samsung DDR3 RAM 800MhZ
Network: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485
Graphics: Intel HD 4400 on Board an nVidia GeForce 820M as high-performance GPU
For sound it just said: Realtek HD Audio but I might be able to look it up a bit more closely later on.

So the things which do not work are:

- Keyboard and trackpad (I used a USB mouse and keyboard which worked fine):
I am now sure how to get the name of keyboard and trackpad. I read on the forums about a kext for ASUS keyboards but I was not able to find it yet. Also I am unsure about how to manually install kexts, because I tend to find very different guides online.
- Just 4GB of RAM get detected
- the nVidia Graphics (i didn't really try to install the nVidia drivers and I am not sure IF and if so, how there are drivers available for this card for installation.
- the WiFi: I googled it up and some say the card is supported, others said it is not. I also read that it might be possible to make a kext from a Linux driver (the card is well supported on Linux since I used it for 2 years with this notebook). But i didn't find any reliable information and didn't want to start out trying around before getting a viable answer to this.
- Sound: I didn't try all the available Multibeast drivers for Realtek because I don't know the exact name of my card and I was too lazy so far to try them all. I might do this later on but there is no point for me toying around with the sound if there is not WiFi available.

So basically I got El Capitan up and running with the above mentioned restrictions. I would be very glad if anyone of you could over me at least some help and tell me IF and HOW i can make the not working components work.

Since I am a big noob, any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Basically this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-x550ldv-dual-boot.177025/ does have the same WiFi, Trackpad, onboard graphics and additional graphics but I don't really get how the guy managed to get things working. There is nothing said about the wireless for example. Could anyone point me the way? Since he said his Hackintosh is working 100% I am hoping mine could as well.

EDIT2: Basically I would also be willing to install OS X Yosemite on my notebook, if there is any of my hardware pieces better supported. But since I don't know enough about Hackintosh I can't really compare which of those (Yosemite or El Capitan) would fit my specs better.

Last edited:
Hey there,

I just installed OS X El Capitan on my ASUS X751LD notebook with the Unibeast + Clover + Multibeast method.
I didn't had much trouble installing it (just needed to add nv_disable=1 in the clover boot parameters), also after the installation it boots just fine. However, there are some things which don't work out of the box. Since I am a total noob in case of Hackintoshs (I own a MacBook mid 2009 though) I thought of asking for help over here.

My hardware specs are:
Mainboard: ASUSTeK X751LD
CPU: Haswell Intel Core i5 4210U
RAM: 2x4096 MB Samsung DDR3 RAM 800MhZ
Network: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485
Graphics: Intel HD 4400 on Board an nVidia GeForce 820M as high-performance GPU
For sound it just said: Realtek HD Audio but I might be able to look it up a bit more closely later on.

So the things which do not work are:

- Keyboard and trackpad (I used a USB mouse and keyboard which worked fine):
I am now sure how to get the name of keyboard and trackpad. I read on the forums about a kext for ASUS keyboards but I was not able to find it yet. Also I am unsure about how to manually install kexts, because I tend to find very different guides online.
- Just 4GB of RAM get detected
- the nVidia Graphics (i didn't really try to install the nVidia drivers and I am not sure IF and if so, how there are drivers available for this card for installation.
- the WiFi: I googled it up and some say the card is supported, others said it is not. I also read that it might be possible to make a kext from a Linux driver (the card is well supported on Linux since I used it for 2 years with this notebook). But i didn't find any reliable information and didn't want to start out trying around before getting a viable answer to this.
- Sound: I didn't try all the available Multibeast drivers for Realtek because I don't know the exact name of my card and I was too lazy so far to try them all. I might do this later on but there is no point for me toying around with the sound if there is not WiFi available.

So basically I got El Capitan up and running with the above mentioned restrictions. I would be very glad if anyone of you could over me at least some help and tell me IF and HOW i can make the not working components work.

Since I am a big noob, any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Basically this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-x550ldv-dual-boot.177025/ does have the same WiFi, Trackpad, onboard graphics and additional graphics but I don't really get how the guy managed to get things working. There is nothing said about the wireless for example. Could anyone point me the way? Since he said his Hackintosh is working 100% I am hoping mine could as well.

EDIT2: Basically I would also be willing to install OS X Yosemite on my notebook, if there is any of my hardware pieces better supported. But since I don't know enough about Hackintosh I can't really compare which of those (Yosemite or El Capitan) would fit my specs better.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back