Contribute
Register

Asus N76VZ - 16Gb Ram, Activity monitor only showing 3.25Gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have same problem with you, after install Clover bootloader, I got boot1: error, could you know how to fix it.

are you booting 32bit, 64bit or UEFI? it depends what options you use when booting clover. i can only boot UEFI, 64bits causes boot0: done7 and 32bits kernel panics due the memory installed

are you booting 32bit, 64bit or UEFI? it depends what options you use when booting clover. i can only boot UEFI, 64bits causes boot0: done7 and 32bits kernel panics due the memory installed

How to boot UEFI with Clover? May I must choose this ? Thanks for replying :)
ScreenShot2013-01-31at91303AM_zpse31fbb58.png

How to boot UEFI with Clover? May I must choose this ? Thanks for replying :)
ScreenShot2013-01-31at91303AM_zpse31fbb58.png

not really (i think)... you can (as an experiment) install drivers for 32bit, 64bit and 64bitUEFI. then while booting clover you can either boot in UEFI (using drivers64UEFI) or non-UEFI mode (using drivers32 or drivers64): depends what priority or option you choose when you press ESC.

for non-UEFI, if you choose the option 'install & start 64bit boot first' you will be booting 64bit on non-UEFI mode unless you press '3' and thus you will be booting 32bit on non-UEFI.

hope its clear...

How can i install clover in my asus? i get a number 7 when i try to boot from hdd, from usb boot fine. I tried with clover uefi and bios mbr.

i also tested lot of different boot loaders ...but failed.... I dont know much about clover....becoz my system is working almost perfect i am bit scared to use other bootloader.... please let me know if you get able to find some solution....

Hi, you can help me with a Clover copy? On my computer starting, but when appear thw white screen for pass the computer its restarting

Thanks!

as far as clover goes, it proved highly unstable for me so I am back to chameleon and only 3.25Gb ram. i never actually installed clover to the HDD, i am/was booting it from the usb. but as i said, i had random freezes and KP's, sound that did not work sometimes, etc.

as for chameleon, i saw somewhere a user of an asus G75 that was able to have full ram detected and used with chameleon by downgrading bios; in my case it made no difference.

Do you remember what you've checked in the Installation Customization Menu while installing?
Installation goes fine, but when I'm trying to boot to finish the installation the Apple Logo is visible for less than a second and my laptop reboots.

Hai jns1936, did you make any progress installing osx ?

I am planning to buy a N76VZ-V2G-T1241h and wnat to know if osx will run on this system?

please give me advise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back