i7-10700K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello

Since I can't send private messages, i'll ask it here.

I have stumbled upon a post about my laptop family and the mod @Feartech helped other people with it. I tried to load the EFI folder he gave but it refuses to boot it. Maybe he can help :)

The BIOS utility (afudos) is 32 bit only and windows refuses to start it.

Post in question: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rra-on-asus-n752vx.268944/page-7#post-2178046

My machine: ASUS N752VX-GC244T
Graphics: HD Graphics 530 & nvidia 950M
Processor: i7 6700 HQ
Full list: https://icecat.biz/p/asus/90nb0ay1-m03860/vivobook-notebooks-n752vx-gc244t-lu-33346105.html

Thanks a lot :)

I attached the EFI folder i'm working with (your monterey version if i'm not mistaken). The serial numbers are generated but i'll change them later, so don't worry about them ^^. When it all works, i'll make a clean version.

(I have access to a macos if needed, on my main hack)

Attachments

• EFIGenerated.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Hello

Since I can't send private messages, i'll ask it here.

I have stumbled upon a post about my laptop family and the mod @Feartech helped other people with it. I tried to load the EFI folder he gave but it refuses to boot it. Maybe he can help :)

The BIOS utility (afudos) is 32 bit only and windows refuses to start it.

Post in question: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rra-on-asus-n752vx.268944/page-7#post-2178046

My machine: ASUS N752VX-GC244T
Graphics: HD Graphics 530 & nvidia 950M
Processor: i7 6700 HQ
Full list: https://icecat.biz/p/asus/90nb0ay1-m03860/vivobook-notebooks-n752vx-gc244t-lu-33346105.html

Thanks a lot :)

I attached the EFI folder i'm working with (your monterey version if i'm not mistaken). The serial numbers are generated but i'll change them later, so don't worry about them ^^. When it all works, i'll make a clean version.

(I have access to a macos if needed, on my main hack)
the exe to flash the bios is a dos program

you need to create a bootable usb stick and i think to enable legacy in the bios to be able to boot from it

the exe to flash the bios is a dos program

you need to create a bootable usb stick and i think to enable legacy in the bios to be able to boot from it.
I have successfully flashed the BIOS. But opencore doesn’t want to show up, going straight to windows.

I disabled secure boot, intel virtualisation and loaded defaults before disabling them.

Do you have any tips on how to proceed further?

Maybe there is something I am doing wrong because when I try your original opencore and your updated one, it just straight up boots windows instead. I've tried running it from an internal drive and a 2.0 USB FAT32 GUID disk.

Windows doesn't detect the graphics card (which is good, the bios flash was indeed successful) and Secure boot is off.

If you want, can you give me your latest EFI folder so that I can try again with a newer version?

Last edited:
I have successfully flashed the BIOS. But opencore doesn’t want to show up, going straight to windows.

I disabled secure boot, intel virtualisation and loaded defaults before disabling them.

Do you have any tips on how to proceed further?

Maybe there is something I am doing wrong because when I try your original opencore and your updated one, it just straight up boots windows instead. I've tried running it from an internal drive and a 2.0 USB FAT32 GUID disk.

Windows doesn't detect the graphics card (which is good, the bios flash was indeed successful) and Secure boot is off.

If you want, can you give me your latest EFI folder so that I can try again with a newer version?
I am assuming you created a usb installer first:

and then transferred the EFI folder over?

I'm not at that stage yet, i'm trying to get opencore to boot but the version i have downloaded (your efi) doesn't show up (the partition does, but opencore "gui" does not) and eihter goes straight to bios or boots windows instead.

But yes, I have a catalina recovery partition ready to be booted from. I just didn't plug it in yet because it's not needed with my current problem :p (i need to solve opencore first, in other words).

I'm not at that stage yet, i'm trying to get opencore to boot but the version i have downloaded (your efi) doesn't show up (the partition does, but opencore "gui" does not) and eihter goes straight to bios or boots windows instead.

But yes, I have a catalina recovery partition ready to be booted from. I just didn't plug it in yet because it's not needed with my current problem :p (i need to solve opencore first, in other words).
latest attached

also when tuning on, hold the alt button to show the boot picker/menu

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 94
Thanks a lot!

I had to make a new EFI because it still didn't want to boot. But after hours of debugging I got monterrey running almost flawlesslly.

I need a new wifi chip, what is the best chip that you can recommend? Budget is around 60 EUR.
i am using a BCM94360NG, no kexts required, Airdrop/Handoff/Continuity/instant hotspot and all the other features working

I bought the part, should be here in a few days. In the mean time, the BIOS you provided; what did you do to it? How can I do the same, i'm curious.

For some reason, the trackpad is disabled in Windows (it's not a big issue tho it is annoying) but works in macOS, did you do anything for that to happen?

(I'm not starting Windows from opencore)

I bought the part, should be here in a few days. In the mean time, the BIOS you provided; what did you do to it? How can I do the same, i'm curious.

For some reason, the trackpad is disabled in Windows (it's not a big issue tho it is annoying) but works in macOS, did you do anything for that to happen?

(I'm not starting Windows from opencore)
i updated the micro code in the bios to be able to run macOS higher than High Sierra

enabled the option to show TPM in bios to be able to disable it (solves 2nd sleep issue)

disabled the nvidia card - no need for SSDT

possible other options but can't remember now! :)

I don't dual boot so no idea about non working trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back