CPU
i5-7300HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Everybody ...
I'm trying to install macOS Catalina into my laptop; the configuration comes from RehabMan's Laptop Guide.
The problem occurs when I boot the Installer, It boots perfectly, but when comes to the Installation screen some graphic issues show themselves.
I's a little hard to describe; but these are some of the weird issues:
  • Whenever I try to open the Disk Utility it opens under the main "macOS Utilities" window.
  • Even the language selection window that opened in first step not closed correctly, it just goes under the main window.
  • When I try to switch focus between selected items using tab button on keyboard, the blue border not showing!
IMG_20200309_192053.jpg

I couldn't figure out what did I wrong.
So,

I'll waiting to hear from You and your experiences and solutions about this :) Thanks!

Laptop Specs:
CPU Intel Core-i5 7300HQ
GPU Intel Graphics HD630, Display 3840x2160
RAM DDR4 2400 (8 Samsung + 8 Crucial)
Storage 256 SSD NVME Samsung + 1TB HDD SATA.

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong in the screenshot to be honest, anyway Catalina does some strange graphical stuff sometimes!

I have the same laptop but with 7700HQ CPU, 32GB RAM and 1080p display. I've been running Catalina for about half a year now and everything works perfectly. You could try my EFI. There's also a text file with all kexts I installed to /Library/Extensions/

Only one problem with this laptop I can't seem to solve:
  • When there's an external display connected through HDMI or USB-C on boot, the internal-display of the laptop goes black when loading MacOS. The only way to make the internal display work is to unplug the cable and reboot.
  • When my external monitor is in sleep-mode I can boot the laptop with HDMI connected. So for now my work-around has been to turn on the monitor first, wait half a minute and then turn on the laptop. If the ASUS splash screen shows up only on the laptop screen you're good to go, if it turns up on both screens the internal screen wil go black.
One more thing, when installing updates I tend to remove everything from the laptop except power.

Goodluck!

Attachments

• N580VD-EFI_r5105_14MAR2020.zip
    37.2 MB · Views: 216
@denisuu Thanks for your time! ;)

I've tested your whole clover configs too, unfortunately the issue still exists. :banghead: I'm confused! Cause this is not my first time; I had a stable version installed before; I do not know what's going on.

To make it more clear; it's another type of graphic issue I'm facing with:

IMG_20200313_214052.jpg

Aha! I had exactly the same issue with Catalina and still have that sometimes when installing updates.

I don't know how I solved it anymore to be honest. I think I just removed the ACPI folder and only used the bare minimum kexts to get through the installer. Or maybe I just took the installer of a laptop that's similar to ours.

I know you had Mojave working. I stole some SSDT patches from your GitHub before I understood the patching.

The most weird thing is that I had a successful Catalina setup too :| I just returned to Linux for doing some stuffs, and know I want to back. and this is what I get :| I can't even guess about this issue.

Hi @denisuu
Sorry to bother you, I hope you'll read this post...
I noticed that we have the same Asus laptop (ASUS N580VD-DM160T)... I've tried everything, but I couldn't install macOS Mojave on my laptop... Please can you help me? I really need someone to guide me, and you have the same Asus laptop too! It would be awesome!
Thank you in advance!
P.S.
Here I'm unable to send a message, if you can write me on IG: simone_sepegno

Last edited:
Reseting NVRAM in Clover might help. See this post herehere

Last edited:
@denisuu Hi :wave:
Thanks dude, I've resolved it. I also switched to OpenCore. But don't use my hack currently, I'm a little over thinking of what a hack can effect on my hardware, maybe nothing! maybe some damages! not sure about it.
Are you stable enough in OpenCore? any issues? what about sleep delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back