Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
ASUS N53SV Applehda patching 10.10.2

My layout id is always equal to 0 unless i use HDAEnabler.kext

I tried changing the layout ID with clover and DSDT. Neither worked.

Once I got the correct layout ID with HDAEnabler, My ioreg shows that the layout is correct but the pin configurations from applehda.kext are not included in the system. I could use a little help. Thanks

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.7 KB · Views: 259
  • DSDT.aml
    74.4 KB · Views: 200
  • ioreg.ioreg
    4.9 MB · Views: 224
  • Screen Shot 2015-02-18 at 2.30.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-18 at 2.30.12 PM.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 409
My layout id is always equal to 0 unless i use HDAEnabler.kext

I tried changing the layout ID with clover and DSDT. Neither worked.

Once I got the correct layout ID with HDAEnabler, My ioreg shows that the layout is correct but the pin configurations from applehda.kext are not included in the system. I could use a little help. Thanks

Your DSDT does not have the required patches.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

I applied:

"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Fix PNOT/PPNT"
"Add IMEI"

and nothing has changed. I still need applehdaenabler.kext to change my layoutid otherwise it is 0

Those patches have nothing to do with AppleHDA. Read the guide carefully.

Those patches have nothing to do with AppleHDA. Read the guide carefully.

I read it. I payed special attention to the HDA section and I have done all those things. My applehda. Kext uses layout Id 3 and my dsdt layout is set to 3 as well. My audio codec ID was extracted from a Linux dump and patched into the kext. Could you be more specific? My codec is Realtek AlC269VB

I read it. I payed special attention to the HDA section and I have done all those things. My applehda. Kext uses layout Id 3 and my dsdt layout is set to 3 as well. My audio codec ID was extracted from a Linux dump and patched into the kext. Could you be more specific?

So far, you have not provided a DSDT with the patch for AppleHDA layout-id. And your own list of patches applied in post #4 lacks any "Audio Layout" mention.

So far, you have not provided a DSDT with the patch for AppleHDA layout-id. And your own list of patches applied in post #4 lacks any "Audio Layout" mention.

I did apply the applehda layout patch:

HDEF code:

Device (HDEF)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000) // _ADR: Address
OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
DCKA, 1,
Offset (0x01),
DCKM, 1,
, 6,
DCKS, 1,
Offset (0x08),
, 15,
PMES, 1
}

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized) // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
{
Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04))
}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
{
If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
{
Return (Buffer (One)
{
0x03
})
}

Return (Package (0x06)
{
"layout-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

"hda-gfx",
Buffer (0x0A)
{
"onboard-1"
},

"PinConfigurations",
Buffer (Zero) {}
})
}
}

I did apply the applehda layout patch:

HDEF code:

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

thanks dude, requested files are attached

That's incredibly odd. I applied the layoutid patch to my DSDT and updated clover folder yet the extracted dsdt shows that it is not patched. wtf?

Attachments

• RehabMan 2.zip
    651.5 KB · Views: 79
thanks dude, requested files are attached

That's incredibly odd. I applied the layoutid patch to my DSDT and updated clover folder yet the extracted dsdt shows that it is not patched. wtf?

Clover loads DSDT from /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml.

Note: It is best to avoid using so-called Clover DSDT "Fixes"..

The layout-id @HDEF is set to 3, so that must be happening via config.plist or an HDA enabler kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back