1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

Looking to getting my self the Asus MX299Q 29 inch Widescreen

see link :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/MX299Q-Widescreen-Multimedia-SonicMaster-[SIZE=2]Technology/dp/B00DRPYQ9G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401620967&sr=8-1&keywords=Asus+MX299Q+29%22+Wide[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Arial][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Just wondering if anyone else has this monitor, and if you've ran into any problems with the 2560x1080 display. I can't see any problems, it's just a display.. I have the EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 card. From what I've read, all I need to make sure is that I use the Display Port.

Cheers

PM

Hello,

Sorry I can't comment on its compatibility with Hackintosh (like you, as long as you stick to digital inputs I can't see why it would be an issue), but would like to hear your opinion on this type of resolution?

I am torn between getting two 23" ASUS monitors (MX23H, same design) or going for this resolution. For work, two monitors is so nice, but i like the idea that I can go to a single, bezel free display when I switch to gaming. Im just worried that for productivity, the single ultra wide resolution won't be as good as two separate monitors, especially in OSX.

Whats made you settle for this ultra wide resolution?

Cheers!

Hey,

This may sound silly, but because it looks cool! haha

I currently have a 2 X 22" 1080p monitors. They're great, but I've actually gone from an iMac with a 2560X1440 display. Dual screens is awesome, but from reading reviews on this screen with games and that just extra 1screen space, I fancied giving it ago. I may end up not liking (I doubt it) but it's just tickled my interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back