Contribute
Register

ASUS motherboard P9X79 with intel 3820 Unibeast installation issue restart, or [PCI configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P9x79
CPU
Graphics
GTX 660TI
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I could not even load the installer with the copy of the Unibeast (which works perfectly fine on my other Gigabyte P45 GA-P45-UD3P motherboard).

I tried all the ASUS motherboards, P9X79, P9X79Pro, SaberTooth with bios 0906 and all the way upto the latest version. The issue remains the same. I tried creating few other USB installation drives using Unibeast + Mt Lion. The issue remains the same.

either these two happens..
1. in -v mode, it always hangs at [PCI Configuration....
(same with GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes or -x or -f or PCIRootUID=0 options)

2. Without any option shows the Apple logo for a minute or so then the display goes off and restarts the system. At that point sometime I get an error message afterward saying Press F1 for setup ( over-clocking failed...)

** I just can't accept that it's not possible to install Unibeast on P9x79Pro mobo with 3820 chip, as many people might have already done so. I'm using TPLink wireless card, DVD Drive and EVGA GTX 460 video card, & corsair vengeance 32 GB memory

Please suggest what should I do...

** I'm using the latest version of Mt Lion version of Unibeast and have even downgraded the BIOS to 0906. Please let me know what typical ASUS BIOS settings I need to set.

Can some one

I got my Asus P9X79 WS running with:

-v -x PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000

or

-v -x PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000

can't remember, but the npci=0x3000 was the main difference. maybe even npci=0x2000 will work.

My setup is in my signature. Good luck :)

EDIT: And try with only 1 stick of memory in your machine when installing.

EDIT2: And just use "optimized defaults" in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back