Contribute
Register

Asus Motherboard Alternatives (Excluding Gigabyte)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97-WS
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Hey, so both my Asus P9D WS and Z87-WS motherboards have failed me. I'm looking for alternatives on the 8 or 9 series platforms excluding Gigabyte motherboards. Preferably something close in spec to the Z87-WS. I really found all of those SATA ports handy, as well as the BIOS flashing option. PCIe only was a nice thing too. I really liked the PS/2 idea for legacy testing.

Any recommendations?

Last edited:
You might try the MSI Z87M Power. OTOH, why not try to find replacement ASUS boards? At this time any Z87/Z97 boards are going to be hard to find due to age. Also, note ASUS is the only OEM to have the flash by USB in this series of boards - most OEMs require you to boot to the BIOS or to an OS to download and install new BIOS version.

You might try the MSI Z87M Power. OTOH, why not try to find replacement ASUS boards? At this time any Z87/Z97 boards are going to be hard to find due to age. Also, note ASUS is the only OEM to have the flash by USB in this series of boards - most OEMs require you to boot to the BIOS or to an OS to download and install new BIOS version.
Just bought a Z97-WS. Should come in the mail soon.

On that note, do you have a guide that you can recommend for USB port mapping? The main reason why I bought a new motherboard was because sleep/wake didn't work, and I was told USB mapping might help narrow things down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back