Contribute
Register

Asus MOCA-AR HP/Compaq Calcite-GL8E MoDT Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
steftrikia:

Yes, but it sometimes crashes shortly (~5min) afterwards. One thing I found important is which output your monitor is connected to. For mine to work properly I have to use HDMI. Your best bet is to experiment with the video outputs.

By the way, I could not get snow leopard to work in 64 bit mode (and the board can only use 3GB of ram). Did you need to do anything special to get 64bit working?

fenderguy:
Yup, I have had the same problem with networking. I'm attaching a bios archive with a couple different versions including the 3.07 with known working ethernet. It includes the AFUDOS Dos installer. You need to have this all on a dos bootable floppy/cd/usb stick.

Attachments

• MOCAROM.zip
    2 MB · Views: 389
Thanks a lot Cyborg28 I now have a network capable and sound playing machine (bios 3.07). :headbang:

Oddly however I lost sound on upgrading to 10.6.8 and did not get it back by installing the alc883 kexts, but got it back after installing the latest security software update.

I have installed a gts250 and it would, upon booting from iBoot give me a 1024x768 res but now its default setting is 800x600 and i get a blue (though it's a nice blue) screen if i try to change it, I'll try and see if connecting to dvi solves my issue.

again,
many thanks

I have resolved my screen resolution issues,

I believe it did have something to do with my screen being a very old 17" flatscreen that is not detected by the os (i had no resolution choice other than 1024x768 under linux).

I could ask for different resolutions but every time I got a bland blue screen and the screen would stay that same bland blue even after reverting to the original resolution.

So I tried the GFX string method found here on the aquamac forums.

At first no change, and when I tried to change the resolution from the system preferences I got the same problem as beforehand, EXCEPT, when I then rebooted the resolution was applied.

I know it's not the same issue as screen waking but it might work better with the GFX string.

Anyway, Good Luck with your issue.

@cyborg28 :
The only thing I did is swapping to a graphic card which supports 64 bits.
I see you have the same processor as me, so it should work out of the box.

Help! I'm completely lost!

Besides an ASUS MoBo, I already have an MOCA-OR (HP Pavilion s7730) system. To get the ethernet to work, I downgraded my Bios to 3.07 and now I will get the message 'Intel CPU uCode loading error'. From other info-sites, they tell me to upgrade my BIOS, but I can't anymore. The system will not boot from CD and I don't have a floppy. I already tried to clear the CMOS but with no luck.

Does anyone over here has any suggestions?

regards,
Kees

ps. I luckily managed to reboot and reinstall Bios version 512. But 10.6.7 is still very unstable. Does anyone of you has proper dsdt tables to try?

Ive got the Pavilion Slimline S3621uk and have been trying for the last 2 nights to get it booting, and am nearly giving up.

Been using iBoot 3.3.0 (latest one) and a retail copy of Snow leopard.

I get it to boot, have tried all the keys from step 8 (eg : PCIRootUID=1 -x) but nothing works, get the logo and soon after a sign like no entry in middle of the apple!!

ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE???

got 3 gig ram and 300 gig h/d nothing else plugged in..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back