EVGA GeForce GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone, this build is driving me crazy I could desperately use the help...

Here are the specs:
· Intel i5-4790K
· Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero
· Crucial Ballistics 32GB (4x8GB)
· XFX Radeon R9 280 Double D
· Kingston 120GB SSD

Believe me that I have done my research and tried a lot of different things with no success, including only plugging in 1 SSD and 1 stick of RAM (8GB), tweaking my BIOS settings

I was having so many issues just installing Yosemite on this build that I decided to go back to Mavericks. I am able to get to the installer using the flags "-x -no-zp", however after installing I am only able to boot the system in safe mode, even after I installed the drivers using MultiBeast (following these guides: G1 G2).

I have tried to debug these issues by myself the last few days, no luck though. I either get a kernel panic or a CPU ID error...

IMG_1066.JPGIMG_1067.JPGIMG_1068.JPGIMG_1069.JPGIMG_1070.JPGIMG_1074.JPGIMG_1073.JPGIMG_1072.JPGIMG_1071.JPGIMG_1075.JPG

I forgot to mention, I am not using the integrated GPU, I disabled it in the BIOS.

I have tried a lot of boot flags and they have all resulted in a kernel panic, with the exception of GraphicsEnabler=Yes. If I include -x the system crashes, using -v it is getting stuck on loading the bluetooth controller:

**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Hey everyone, this build is driving me crazy I could desperately use the help...

Here are the specs:
· Intel i5-4790K
· Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero
· Crucial Ballistics 32GB (4x8GB)
· XFX Radeon R9 280 Double D
· Kingston 120GB SSD

Believe me that I have done my research and tried a lot of different things with no success, including only plugging in 1 SSD and 1 stick of RAM (8GB), tweaking my BIOS settings

I was having so many issues just installing Yosemite on this build that I decided to go back to Mavericks. I am able to get to the installer using the flags "-x -no-zp", however after installing I am only able to boot the system in safe mode, even after I installed the drivers using MultiBeast (following these guides: G1 G2).

I have tried to debug these issues by myself the last few days, no luck though. I either get a kernel panic or a CPU ID error...

I suspect your problem with Yosemite is somehow related to the the R9 280.

I run an Maximus VII Impact with an GTX 760 and have no issues with Mavericks or Yosemite but then I am booting with Clover because I choose a Samsung XP941 M.2 for my main Mavericks boot drive.

Edit: Suggest that you make up a " Clover test drive USB" and see if you find relief.

Good modding,
neil

thanks. I am going to return the R9 280 for a GTX 960 as well as using a Samsung Evo Pro M.2 SSD so I will be making a Clover USB drive and trying again tomorrow.

thanks. I got an Evo Pro m.2 SSD and a GTX 960 and I made a Clover USB drive following the guide, however it initially loads and shows the blue boot screen, I click Install OS X Yosemite, it gets about 1/3 of the way loading and then just goes to a black screen and restarts...please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back