Graphics
MSI R6850 PE/OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone, been a while since I've posted.

I'm trying to update my hackintosh's OS from Mavericks to Yosemite, and I've been having some issues booting from the USB. I've tried various boot flags, but I keep getting stuck at the same place. I'm 100% sure the USB stick I created with Unibeast is correct.

There might be something in my UEFI's settings that is incorrect, but I can't seem to find it. I've done as much research on this site as I could before posting as to not ask for information that has already been provided somewhere else.

Any help is appreciated. I'm attaching images of what I see when trying to boot from the USB. Oh, and Mavericks has been working like a charm for sometime now, zero issues what-so-ever.

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 129
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 81
Try -x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Attempted your suggestion. This is the screen it gets stuck at, then continues with "still waiting for root device".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    865.4 KB · Views: 144
Update: I have accessed the installer by using the previously suggested boot commands and changing the USB port.

Update: Install complete, it was a combination of wrong USB port and proper boot flags. Thank you.

Hi there,

I've got a Maximus V Gene motherboard and I've been having a terrible time trying to get it to work for installing Yosemite. All the guides I've found say I need to flash the BIOS but the site they referenced has been removed - https://biosrepo.wordpress.com/ -. I was hoping you might be able to help me out and point me in the right direction for doing my build. Here's what I've got equipment wise -

Intel Core i5-4690K Processor 3.5 GHz processor
ASUS Maximus V Gene motherboard
Crucial 16GB 8X2 DDR3 memory
Thermalta Smart 750W power supply
Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 graphics
TPLINK 300MPBS WRLS N PCIE – wifi
Cooler Master HAF XM Mid Tower ATX – case

I'd really appreciate any help you could provide.

Regards,
butt3rs84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back