Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello people I have a Asus Q500a

I5 3210m/Ivy Bridge

I've got everything working except two things ...

When I try to sleep the laptop it immediately wakes back up....any fix for this ?

And also a question about the Asus keyboard itself...

Any fix to make the function keys work? ...specifically the volume mute/down/up?

When I hit f12 and f11 it goes to mission and desktop like it should but I am unable to control the volume ....

Thanks in advance !

Hello people I have a Asus Q500a

I5 3210m/Ivy Bridge

I've got everything working except two things ...

When I try to sleep the laptop it immediately wakes back up....any fix for this ?

DSDT patches: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "7-series/8-series USB"

And also a question about the Asus keyboard itself...

Any fix to make the function keys work? ...specifically the volume mute/down/up?

When I hit f12 and f11 it goes to mission and desktop like it should but I am unable to control the volume ....

Thanks in advance !

What happens if you hold Fn while pressing the keys?

DSDT patches: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "7-series/8-series USB"

What happens if you hold Fn while pressing the keys?

Thanks rehabman,

When i hold fn i can control the brightness though i think its apart of the computer as I do not see any brightness slider like a real mac...

Also, I can turn the Display off and the wireless, the volume does not work though...Keyboard lighting is always on but thats fine, i actually prefer it that way...

When i hold fn i can control the brightness though i think its apart of the computer as I do not see any brightness slider like a real mac...

Your BIOS is probably handling those keys directly. You could see if DSDT is involved (EC queries) and perhaps override them, but it is a fair bit of work.

Yeah you said something about dsdt ...this is just a kext...isn't that easier?

That kext attaches to the WMI (Windows management instrumentation) device in DSDT. The WMI device gets the notifications from EC queries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back