Contribute
Register

ASUS Ivy Bridge Mini-ITX Z77 Overclocking Board Pics/Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi im new here,
I would like to know if i can build a hackintosh system with a ASUS P8H77-I motherboard.
It looks like i can only use Gigabyte motherboard one's to get all the compatibility with the software or is that not true?

Nobody can answer my question?
I waiting to do my new editing rig and it's important

Fabrizzio,

Not necessarily. There are other boards that you can use that are not Gigabyte's; we just prefer Gigabyte because it's widely use in the community. with more support, less issues and headaches.

My best suggestion, which is as almost everybody else in the forum, is to look in the user builds section (http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewforum.php?f=265). Start by looking into the Golden builds to see if you like any of them, and move on to the user builds. You can also start by simple searching your motherboard and hackintosh support (but you probably already did that :think: ).

In any case, is there a particular reason you would like to have this Asus? Or do you have any other mobo in mind? Perhaps you already own it?

Fabrizzio said:
Hi im new here,
I would like to know if i can build a hackintosh system with a ASUS P8H77-I motherboard.
It looks like i can only use Gigabyte motherboard one's to get all the compatibility with the software or is that not true?

No it's my first time in the forum i didn't know about anything.
I didn't own it yeat, but i want to have ASUS one because there is no Gigabyte mini-ITX H77 or Z77 in the market yet and also because right now im using a ASUS motherboard and i like very much the BIOS and the AI Suite Software
So my idea is to have some recent chipset to run my core i5 2500k or buy a ivy bridge cpu and make a very nice machine in a very small form factor.
But i wanted to have no issues or headaches building it
The motherboard that i'm thinking is the ASUS P8H77-I about 90€ in my currency
Thank you

Fabrizzio said:
No it's my first time in the forum i didn't know about anything.
I didn't own it yeat, but i want to have ASUS one because there is no Gigabyte mini-ITX H77 or Z77 in the market yet and also because right now im using a ASUS motherboard and i like very much the BIOS and the AI Suite Software
So my idea is to have some recent chipset to run my core i5 2500k or buy a ivy bridge cpu and make a very nice machine in a very small form factor.
But i wanted to have no issues or headaches building it
The motherboard that i'm thinking is the ASUS P8H77-I about 90€ in my currency
Thank you
The mainboard you picked should be fine as long as you keep in mind that the BIOS locks MSR 0x2e so that you will get a kernel panic on boot with the vanilla AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. In order to resolve this issue there are possibilities:

1) Install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext which disables Speedstep and Sleep.
2) Use a patched version of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.
3) Use a modified BIOS which might void your warranty.

Besides ASUS mainboards from Asrock and MSI are affected too, but those from Gigabyte are not. It's your decision!

Mieze

@mieze, wont void warranty but asus h77/z77 cant use modified bioses yet.
asrock/msi/foxconn etc can, just not asus

Thank you guys
So mi ideia is to make a Hackintosh in the Bitfenix Prodigy, i'm really looking forward to build my first hackintosh into this box!
So i can do the build into the ASRock H77M-ITX and run it no problem?
What i need to do or rather change to run it stably?

Noob Question: What is a DSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back