RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Huge thanks to @ pastrychef P1LGRIM Roargasm zzmadd vincek8s for help solving problems with ASUS H370M-Plus build.

Unlike the Z370 boards, the H370 uses a new chipset with integrated USB and Wi-Fi controllers. While UniBeast 8.3.2 and MultiBeast 10.4 worked flawlessly for HS 10.13.6 on a ASUS Z370-A build, several problems with same process on H370 build.

Problems solved:
1. Prohibitory Symbol (Install freezes, displays white circle and back slash symbol):

- Verbose mode (hit spacebar, select -v in Clover) - stalled at "Still waiting for root device" - credit @ P1LGRIM
- Typical fixes (reinsert USB installer in different ports, config.plist switches, etc.) did not fix problem.
- Replaced Clover files on USB installer with new files (CLOVER.zip) - credit @ Roargasm

2. Restart failed during install - at about "2 minutes remaining" mouse freezes, install freezes at about 70% progress

- Only option is to power system down (hold power switch down on case ~ 4 seconds) for complete shutdown
- Power on system and select "Install macOS from [drivename]"
- See 2A below
- Repeat process each time mouse and install freeze until Setup screens appear, then complete setup.
- Continue to power system down for complete shutdown.

2A Screen display: "macOS could not be installed on your system | The installer resources have expired"

- Disconnected Ethernet, reset BIOS to November xx, 2017, reinstalled macOS on SSD drive, - credit @ nessuno-h1mself

*** This problem may have nothing to do with the H370 chipset. Not reported by any other H370 builders ***

3. No audio after installing AppleALC and Lilu kexts using MultiBeast 10.4, also system would not boot after audio install.

- Booted system from USB stick, removed SSD EFI folder, reinstalled MultiBeast 10.4 Now AppleALC audio works!

*** This problem may have nothing to do with the H370 chipset - could easily have been my bad MB install. ***

Problems not solved:
Shutdown and restart are still a problem where the video is terminated but the CPU and other fans continue to run. The restart problem is the most serious because it interferes with installing macOS from a USB stick.

Updates:
1. See post #4 @pripriprisda for shutdown/restart/sleep fix after installation - need to check if this applies to installs
2. See post #4 @pripriprisda for possible fix for sleep problem (video terminates, fans run) after auto sleep although system does wake on mouse/key press. System does not wake on mouse/key press after manual sleep (from Apple icon drop-down menu).

3. System does not see (Disk Utility or Terminal diskutil list) external Samsung T5 SSD inserted in Type C port for backup.

Potential Issue for Z390 builds:
The shutdown and restart problems have also been reported on a new Z390 build by @ vincek8s and it appears that the integrated USB and Wi-Fi controllers are common to the H370 and Z390 chipsets. Could be a problem!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Hi, I am now trying to build my first hackintosh with ASUS H370 PRO-A. I have the same shutdown/restart/sleep issue, and I am wondering if you have found any useful solution. Thanks.

Hi, I am now trying to build my first hackintosh with ASUS H370 PRO-A. I have the same shutdown/restart/sleep issue, and I am wondering if you have found any useful solution. Thanks.

Have a solution for Z390 chipset boards that seem to have the same "shutdown/restart/sleep issue" as the H370 boards, and @zzmadd confirms it works on H370, B350.

Assumption - you have completed setup for High Sierra and have Internet connected (Sys Prefs | Network)

1. Download Clover EFI Bootloader from sourceforge.net - currently version: Clover_v2.4k_r4741 - unzip in Downloads
2. Run Clover_v2.4k_r4741.pkg (click "Open Anyway" and "Open" in Sys Prefs | Security |General )
3. Click Continue 3 times
4. When/if prompted, select your internal drive to install Clover
5. *** DO NOT CLICK INSTALL YET *** click "Customize" button -and check these boxes:
- Clover for UEFI booting only
- Install Clover in the ESP
- Themes (check theme, e.g., Black Green ..)
- UEFI Drivers (some boxes already checked)
- also check EmuvariableUefi-64, OsxAptioFix3Drv-6
- Install RC scripts on target drive
6. Click Install

Should see display "Install Successful" (or some such)

Power down your system, remove any USB sticks and restart - should see splash screen for Clover 4741. Select internal drive.

Check shutdown/restart/sleep and let us know how it goes.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Unfortunately, reinstalling Clover didn't work for me (I'm not sure why), but instead I have found this solution few hours ago (https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh...ing_erp_in_power_management_pane_in_bios_fix/) and it worked perfectly.

Unfortunately, reinstalling Clover didn't work for me (I'm not sure why), but instead I have found this solution few hours ago (https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh...ing_erp_in_power_management_pane_in_bios_fix/) and it worked perfectly.

To complete the picture need to know if enabling the ErP setting will also cure the problem where the install from a USB stick freezes instead of restarting. If so this would be a important BIOS setting for new installs.

Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back