CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello to everyone. I wish a great and prosperous New Year to everyone. :thumbup:

I am a half-noob, so I will get straight to the point. Once I placed my GTX560 card on the machine, the first time it opened up in OSX Lion 7.2 it was recognized properly, BUT the maximum resolution was 1024x768. I tried to figure out how to make this work, but all guides concerning GTX560 seemed a little bit blurry to me. After a lot of tweaking, I finally managed to boot via Rboot, cause of inability of the OSX to load properly... :cry:

So I am asking: Can somebody post a new, fresh guide for GTX560 only (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-nVIDIA-GeForce-Direct-Graphics/dp/B0050MUTTA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1325639529&sr=8-2 (not 560M or 560Ti), so I can make this card work, achieve HD resolution and not to completely mess my machine?

Thanks in advance and I am really sorry for any inconvenience. :wave:

Gatsouni said:
Hello to everyone. I wish a great and prosperous New Year to everyone. :thumbup:

I am a half-noob, so I will get straight to the point. Once I placed my GTX560 card on the machine, the first time it opened up in OSX Lion 7.2 it was recognized properly, BUT the maximum resolution was 1024x768. I tried to figure out how to make this work, but all guides concerning GTX560 seemed a little bit blurry to me. After a lot of tweaking, I finally managed to boot via Rboot, cause of inability of the OSX to load properly... :cry:

So I am asking: Can somebody post a new, fresh guide for GTX560 only (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-nVIDIA-GeForce-Direct-Graphics/dp/B0050MUTTA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1325639529&sr=8-2 (not 560M or 560Ti), so I can make this card work, achieve HD resolution and not to completely mess my machine?

Thanks in advance and I am really sorry for any inconvenience. :wave:

Have you tried the GTX_5xx Enabler from osx86.net?
http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2074&page=3

Lots of good information in this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25858&start=670

What finally got my 560Ti working was adding the arch=i386 Kernel Flag to my org.chameleon.boot.plist, in addition to running the Enabler that I linked above. On page 68 of that thread, i detailed my process of getting my card running -- i know your's isn't the Ti, and we have totally different mobos, but it's probably a similar solution.... good luck!

At the moment, I cannot log into OSX via R-boot... As soon as it starts, the screen turns black and the monitor still works. I will do a clean installation on 10.7.2 and then I will try your recommended solutions, even-though I tried some in the past.

Thanks again for your help, I will keep you posted!

Gatsouni said:
At the moment, I cannot log into OSX via R-boot... As soon as it starts, the screen turns black and the monitor still works. I will do a clean installation on 10.7.2 and then I will try your recommended solutions, even-though I tried some in the past.

Thanks again for your help, I will keep you posted!

let me know how it works out! I'm new at this whole 'helping others' thing ;)

Hi my friend. I don't know if this is a miracle, but I will tell you what happened.

As I told you, I couldn't log into OSX. So:

1) Used a Bootable DVD of OSX Lion 10.7.2 and through the "Disk Utility" option, I used the "Time Machine", because I had 2 backups in reserve from the past.

2) After the new-fresh install of Lion 10.7.2, I installed only the Chimera Bootloader. Nothing else, just the Bootloader.

3) I installed the "GTX 5XX Enabler", and I chose both 2 options:
a) GTX Enabler Files
b) ATY_init

4) I restarted with no hope and it worked. Recognized the HD solution.

The only "problem" is that the size of letters is a little bit small, gives me the impression that the whole destop has been shrunk, sort of...

I will post mores results if I stumble upon... Thanks again for your help... :headbang:

Gatsouni said:
Hi my friend. I don't know if this is a miracle, but I will tell you what happened.

As I told you, I couldn't log into OSX. So:

1) Used a Bootable DVD of OSX Lion 10.7.2 and through the "Disk Utility" option, I used the "Time Machine", because I had 2 backups in reserve from the past.

2) After the new-fresh install of Lion 10.7.2, I installed only the Chimera Bootloader. Nothing else, just the Bootloader.

3) I installed the "GTX 5XX Enabler", and I chose both 2 options:
a) GTX Enabler Files
b) ATY_init

4) I restarted with no hope and it worked. Recognized the HD solution.

The only "problem" is that the size of letters is a little bit small, gives me the impression that the whole destop has been shrunk, sort of...

I will post mores results if I stumble upon... Thanks again for your help... :headbang:

Glad i could help :D

As far as the text, check your view options on the right-click desktop menu. Some of my preferences were switched up, too --- my desktop "sort icons" was set to "snap to grid," which confused me for a little while...

You were helpful indeed! :D I also noticed that some of mac's functions are not displayed as quickly, as in the past when I was using the Gigabyte HD 6850 graphic card.

For example when I press the Launchpad, it appears in the foreground slightly lagged, something that was not happening with my previous graphics card.

I have to notice that I haven't done any editing on kexts.
So:

a) Would you recommend something specific, regarding the kexts? If so, please attach any files, if possible.
b) Should I add any specific tweaks to my system by using the Multibeast?

Thanks again! I appreciate it!

Gatsouni said:
You were helpful indeed! :D I also noticed that some of mac's functions are not displayed as quickly, as in the past when I was using the Gigabyte HD 6850 graphic card.

For example when I press the Launchpad, it appears in the foreground slightly lagged, something that was not happening with my previous graphics card.

I have to notice that I haven't done any editing on kexts.
So:

a) Would you recommend something specific, regarding the kexts? If so, please attach any files, if possible.
b) Should I add any specific tweaks to my system by using the Multibeast?

Thanks again! I appreciate it!

Make sure you've installed the CUDA drivers that were bundled with the 5xx enabler. Once you've done that, you should have a CUDA Preferences tab in your system prefs, which has an "Update Drivers" option... try that!

Till the very moment it works fine, but I notice random freezes from time to time, which is very annoying. I never had such problems with my Gigabyte AMD 6850 card... Any ideas on tweaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back