Contribute
Register

[ASUS GL502VM] - Trackpad ELAN200, Voodooi2c, and sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG GL502VM
Hello all,

I've done my best to try to figure this out on my own so i wouuldnt need to bother the pros with simple questions.

Haven't been on the forums in a while, but I just followed an amazing guide by @safar46 for a similar model to my computer.

I've been trying everything I can with the trackpad and sound issue, and here's where I've gotten.

After running or installing Voodooi2c I get a KP giving me dependency errors with AppleIOFamily and some others.

-I've patched my DSDT with @RehabMan sources for the 3443 patch, as well as the Windows 10 Patch.

-Have deleted AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext & AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext , and have rebuilt cache each time. Upon trying the Voodooi2c Kext from the above guide, I'd get a KP each time. After some digging, I found the thread here which discusses voodooi2c, and after reading some replies to issues similar with mine, I downloaded the "Voodooi2c for Elan200" that is on the first page of that thread and tried installing that one instead. I now am not Kernel Panicing when booting, but the trackpad is still not working. I'm completely lost from this point and would appreciate any help I can get. I've attached a zip file with the following:

DSDT.AML
SSDT.AML
SSDT-UIAC.AML (From @safar46 )
Config.plist
IORegistry Dump

Audio
For Audio, I have the ALC255, and have tried the "Audio Layout 3" patch after replacing all entries to HDEF in my DSDT, and the Layout 3 Patch still will not apply. I can change Volume settings, but am hearing no output. Youtube Videos won't play either, but my understanding is that this is due to the Audio not working.

I'd appreciate any help I could have in this regard, thank you!

Battery
Also am unable for some reason to get my battery indicator working. If its plugged in it says not charging and when unplugged it says its almost dead.

EDIT: This seems to be working now for no apparent reason at all!

Attachments

• Tonymac 2.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 211
Last edited:
As for your trackpad - try to re-extract and re-patch your DSDT.
Don't apply any VoodooI2C related patches (like the INT3443 patch), use only other patches you needed.
Then, try to use the Windows 10 OS patch, without the INT3443 patch. And then try to use the kext.
Also, maybe worth a try to manually load the kext with terminal (read post #2 in the VoodooI2C thread you linked) instead of installing to S/L/E, just for testing anyway...

About your audio - did you install a patched AppleHDA/injector/AppleALC?
Not all problem reporting files are attached, they are described in the FAQ, 'Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?':
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Last edited:
As for your trackpad - try to re-extract and re-patch your DSDT.
Don't apply any VoodooI2C related patches (like the INT3443 patch), use only other patches you needed.
Then, try to use the Windows 10 OS patch, without the INT3443 patch. And then try to use the kext.
Also, maybe worth a try to manually load the kext with terminal (read post #2 in the VoodooI2C thread you linked) instead of installing to S/L/E, just for testing anyway...

About your audio - did you install a patched AppleHDA/injector/AppleALC?
Not all problem reporting files are attached, they are described in the FAQ, 'Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?':
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thank you for a reply!

I've gone ahead and restarted the patching on my DSDT, and have applied all patches except for the Win8 one in the guide, and instead used the Win10 OS Patch.

I got to the point of trying to simply "Run" the kext, however, I get the error from KextUtil that "-V" is an unrecognized option. I attempted to just use the load command, and was followed up by an immediate crash. I've revised the required files for the Problem Reporting in my main post, Thank you! I'll attempt audio as well but I don't want to mess things up so i think until i get the trackpad working I should hold off on Audio.

The revised zip file contains the IO report as well rather than two separate files.

For the sake of logging what happened, I installed Voodoo again just so I could get photos of the KP. After which I promptly went into Safe mode and uninstalled it from my S/L/E. Photos attached of 3 separate boot loops.

The KP says that Voodoo has dependencies in:

com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily(2.0.0)
com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4)
com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170624-182351.png
    Screenshot_20170624-182351.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 298
  • Screenshot_20170624-182413.png
    Screenshot_20170624-182413.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 295
  • Screenshot_20170624-182423.png
    Screenshot_20170624-182423.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 275
For the sake of logging what happened, I installed Voodoo again just so I could get photos of the KP. After which I promptly went into Safe mode and uninstalled it from my S/L/E. Photos attached of 3 separate boot loops.

The KP says that Voodoo has dependencies in:

com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily(2.0.0)
com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4)
com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)

Is it ELAN1200 or ELAN200? if it the first one i said, Use VodooI2C from my thread. It use RehabMan patched which eliminated KP problem. For my case (GL502VS) my trackpad works even without patched DSDT (but only work with VoodooI2C patched by RehabMan)

For Battery fix, you need ACPIBattery kext from my thread then use DSDT patch "[bat] Asus G75vw" (use RehabMan repo, see my thread)

Thank you for a reply!

I've gone ahead and restarted the patching on my DSDT, and have applied all patches except for the Win8 one in the guide, and instead used the Win10 OS Patch.

I got to the point of trying to simply "Run" the kext, however, I get the error from KextUtil that "-V" is an unrecognized option. I attempted to just use the load command, and was followed up by an immediate crash. I've revised the required files for the Problem Reporting in my main post, Thank you! I'll attempt audio as well but I don't want to mess things up so i think until i get the trackpad working I should hold off on Audio.

The revised zip file contains the IO report as well rather than two separate files.
Sorry, it should be a lower-case 'v'. Guide was fixed, I thought I've already done that :p

Your problem reporting files are incomplete (Missing patchmatic output and terminal outputs), and your ioreg still shows that VoodooI2C is installed (not updated file).

Also, please make sure you removed AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext + AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext + AppleHPM.kext, then you can use Kext Wizard to rebuild cache and repair permissions.

Please try the attached kext instead, it should allow usage of XDSM methods instead of _DSM, so no crash/KP :)

Attachments

• VoodooI2C.kext.zip
    65.4 KB · Views: 248
Sorry, it should be a lower-case 'v'. Guide was fixed, I thought I've already done that :p

Your problem reporting files are incomplete (Missing patchmatic output and terminal outputs), and your ioreg still shows that VoodooI2C is installed (not updated file).

Also, please make sure you removed AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext + AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext + AppleHPM.kext, then you can use Kext Wizard to rebuild cache and repair permissions.

Please try the attached kext instead, it should allow usage of XDSM methods instead of _DSM, so no crash/KP :)

You are my hero!!!

used your kext, and with the lower case v, and the track pad is working! I'll install the kext and rebuild libraries!

Now to figure out audio...

You are my hero!!!

used your kext, and with the lower case v, and the track pad is working! I'll install the kext and rebuild libraries!

Now to figure out audio...
Sounds great :)

If you need some help, please attach a new set of problem reporting files

BTW, I've seen you are using AppleALC, so make sure you have the native unpatched AppleHDA installed and you also have Lilu.kext:
https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases

Also, install CodecCommander.kext:
https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander
(Download links are in the ReadMe)

Sounds great :)

If you need some help, please attach a new set of problem reporting files

BTW, I've seen you are using AppleALC, so make sure you have the native unpatched AppleHDA installed and you also have Lilu.kext:
https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases

Also, install CodecCommander.kext:
https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander
(Download links are in the ReadMe)

I have codecomander, but oddly enough when I rebuild my kexts I get an "unverified signature" message for Code Commander:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext

Also, tried to install that kext, and it gave me a KP. I'm installing it through Kext Wizard then rebuilding through terminal, wondering what could be causing it. It works fine when just "running" the kext, wondering if I should create an automator script that just runs the kext for me at startup. I've attached another Problem Reporting Files without Voodoo installed, hope that helps!!

Attachments

• Tonymac2.zip
    10.6 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I have codecomander, but oddly enough when I rebuild my kexts I get an "unverified signature" message for Code Commander:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext

Also, tried to install that kext, and it gave me a KP. I'm installing it through Kext Wizard then rebuilding through terminal, wondering what could be causing it. It works fine when just "running" the kext, wondering if I should create an automator script that just runs the kext for me at startup. I've attached another Problem Reporting Files without Voodoo installed, hope that helps!!

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back