Graphics
GeForce 210
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, First, big thank you to everyone here. System has been rock solid with the new xMove method and loving Lion.

Quick question with (probably a quick answer I won't like). From what I've been able to find, is it true that the graphics card I've picked can only output dual displays if I use the VGA port in tandem with either the HDMI or DVI? For most monitors, wouldn't be a big deal, but I use two older ADC cinema displays and VGA isn't a cost effective option with them. I had this same issue under Snow Kitty as well, so I know it's not that.

Anyhow, thanks again and let me know. If that is the case, is there a silent graphics card that doesn't require using the VGA? If not, I may just cross my fingers that the Intel HD graphics solution ends up working (I don't do anything graphics intensive, so silence and low power were my priorities). Thanks

Ian

I have this Geforce EN 210 Silent with 1GB

This card works perfectly on 10.6.8 or 10.7 with vga monitor or dvi monitor, or both in same time

I haven't test with hdmi

kentiin said:
I have this Geforce EN 210 Silent with 1GB

This card works perfectly on 10.6.8 or 10.7 with vga monitor or dvi monitor, or both in same time

I haven't test with hdmi

KENTIIN: did you install any kext or how did your GeForce EN 210 Silent work? Mine works with 10.6.8 with all three outputs (HDMI, VGA, DVI) the downfall is that I only get one resolution, so I would say something's missing to be installed to make my VidCard work at its fullest. Any comments/suggestions? Thanks a lot in advance.

On 10.6.8 you need to install this : http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-macosx-256.02.25f01-driver.html (found in download section of tonymacx website, named "official nvidia driver")
in my com.boot.plist I have just graphicenabler=yes

If your card is still not working, try to add PCIRootUID=1 option in multibeast

On 10.7, this card works OOB with graphicenabler=yes (no need to install any kext)

kentiin said:
On 10.6.8 you need to install this : http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-macosx-256.02.25f01-driver.html (found in download section of tonymacx website, named "official nvidia driver")

On 10.7, this card works OOB with graphicenabler=yes (no need to install any kext)

KENTIIN: thanks a lot, I appreciate it. I still have no luck upgrading to Lion, I get stuck on the white Apple bootscreen when selecting the Installer partition in order to upgrade to Lion... I don't know why. In the meantime, I will follow your suggestion to install the VidCard 210 and get back to you upon success.

kentiin said:

KENTIIN: I've installed the OFFICIAL NVIDIA DRIVER, then I restarted. Upon boot up I open MultiBeast and clicked the 32-bit Apple Boot Screen (Pre-edited standard 32-bit com.apple.boot.plist. Contains GraphicsEnabler=Yes, enabling most NVIDIA and ATI Graphics cards, standard Apple Boot Screen and enables 32-bit kernel. Installed in /Extra.) which aparently enables de graphicenabler=yes you mentioned. Is that how you also enabled it or am I doing it the wrong way???

After doing that I restarted and then re-opened MultiBeast to add PCIRootUID=1 option. Restared.

It seems like nothing changed. Any thoughts? :banghead:

I don't know, , this card must work with chimera 1.4.1 with graphicenabler and nvidia official driver...

Try it again, you must have missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back