Contribute
Register

Asus Geforce 980 GTX Poseidon - only one port works at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS X299 PRIME DELUXE II
CPU
i9-9900X
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi.
I am literally going out of my mind. I have the 980 GTX 4GB card installed and I have two monitors that I would like to use, one is a Dell 4k monitor and the other a Dell HD monitor. But the thing is I can only get a signal to one at a time. Should I not be able to have signals on all DP ports. I have also tried the HDMI for the second monitor but no luck. Is there something in Clover I have to do??

Or should I not at least be able to daisy chain the second monitor through the 4K monitor? when I try that I still get a black screen.

I also might add that I have a Asus Deluxe z97 mobo with a Thunderbolt EX II Dual card installed. It works fine in windows and shows up in the BIOS. I have followed the instructions on "no Safety" and 128 in cache size but still when i go into system overview, my OS X says "no thunderbolt device". So I can not even run the second monitor of the TB card...

I really need some guidance here!!!!

Is there a specific kext that is needed in the EFI. I do not have any installed specifically for graphics.

Here is a new thought.

Could it be that I am not achieving what I want because I am running iMac 14.2 system?

Here is a new thought.

Could it be that I am not achieving what I want because I am running iMac 14.2 system?

iMac14,2 is one of the recommended system profile for people with a Z97 Haswell system. It is what I use and many others use.

Thats why I use it, but I was thinking if there was some "iMac" behaviour that restricted me from using multiple monitors, since a iMac can only do mirroring.
But after a long investigation I am leaning towards that it might be that Inject Nvidia needs to be set to false and I think mine is set to true. I will know more later tonight when I get beck to the machine.

Thats why I use it, but I was thinking if there was some "iMac" behaviour that restricted me from using multiple monitors, since a iMac can only do mirroring.
But after a long investigation I am leaning towards that it might be that Inject Nvidia needs to be set to false and I think mine is set to true. I will know more later tonight when I get beck to the machine.

Correct, it should be false for a GTX 980. iMacs can do multi monitors though, and I can do multi monitors using my GTX 970 with the iMac14,2 system def.

SOLVED...

The "Inject Nvidia" was what caused the trouble..:banghead:

And to think that it was so simple that I never thought of it. :crazy:

anyway..now I have a 3840x2160 and 1920x1080p on the other monitor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back