Contribute
Register

ASUS G75VW AS71 Mountain Lion Install Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting, this is what i've mentioned previously. gonna try out the kext hack, lets see if it works. I tested the system slightly today and found that its not all that good at the end. Somehow it very slow and i have a feeling that the cpu speed management (speedstep i suppose) is not set as my cpu speeds are jumping up and down all the time. Sometimes an unrar takes like 5-6 minutes for a 50mb file, what is strange. Any news on this someone?

anybody would be willing to put together a full step-by-step tutorial on how to install everything? would be nice i suppose... :)

anybody would be willing to put together a full step-by-step tutorial on how to install everything? would be nice i suppose... :)

Now knowing about the BIOS downgrade, it would not hurt... but I lack the time to continue right now to cobble up what I do know, and the 660M video non-acceleration problem still exists (despite the claim of a patched BIOS that would enable it)... :(

That and downgrading might affect my Win8 install... :(

Anyone have freezes sometimes(NVDA CHANNEL TIMEOUT) with the GTX 670m? I'm using GraphicsEnabler = Yes When I'm editing the final cut happens the problem. I believe that should be the States. I'm using a legacyAGPM but not working 100%
Any solution for GTX 670M Freeze? :) Thank you.

Heh, you want to disable the NVIDIA on your ASUS laptop and use your HD 4000, whereas I wish I could use my NVIDIA instead of my HD 3000 on my ASUS N55SL...

I took a look at the BIOS file for your laptop. The Primary Display setting doesn't show "SG" (Switchable Graphics), so you could only have one card active at a time (and this is assuming that your laptop display even works when the IGP is only enabled; if it's the higher-power NVIDIA card powering your display, I can bet that ASUS won't have bothered wiring your display to the IGP, 'cause who the hell would want to use that over the NVIDIA?!) and due to limitations in unlocking the menu where the options are stored, you would have to keep flashing your BIOS to switch cards.

I tried switching graphics on my N55SL yesterday through two methods. I didn't brick my laptop but nothing showed on the screen. I used VNC and ran WinFlash again to reflash my old BIOS mod so that my old, Optimal BIOS settings would be restored (the emergency BIOS flash procedure from USB would've also have worked in this case). Still, rathore4u had success in switching his N56VZ from Intel/Switchable graphics to the NVIDIA, but that's the only ASUS success story that I know of.

How can you be so sure, man?

Has anyone tried 10.8.5 and had any success? (Which is unlikely, but is possibly worth asking...)

Hi, can i just throw something in here. i came here from a tip by Silverkid.
i have a G750 with 770m card and 3D screen also cannot get mavericks 10.9 to boot without removing nvdaresman or using -x (no drivers)
not sure if it has been mentioned but if i boot with a 1080p dell monitor in the vga port it will start and then fire up the laptop screen. full res and accelleration. i can then disconnect the dell monitor and carry on running. even after sleep i have full graphics.
if only i can convince the asus that there is a dell monitor connected at startup it will work.
EDIT: with the right EDID setings the lcd screen is now correctly recognised by name and number when after its booted with the monitor attached.
from a post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...-or-wrong-resolution-laptop-display-problems/
could there be an answer here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back