Asus P8Z77V-Pro
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
Gigabyte 670 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Alright so during the boot process i keep getting this error:
"SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x04, ASC = 0x3e, ASCQ = 0x02
disk1s3: I/O error"
This keep repeting over and over. Is this a problem with the disk?
Alright here's a TODO list:
Sleep
Disk Booting
Backlight
F12 and keyboard shortcuts don't work
Get it up to 10.6.8
get wifi working
get battery info working

alex13809 said:
"SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x04, ASC = 0x3e, ASCQ = 0x02

From the "disk1s3" it seems like you've installed it on a second HD. What model is it?

freakazoid1988 said:
alex13809 said:

From the "disk1s3" it seems like you've installed it on a second HD. What model is it?
Im on the XT1, only one HDD is in though, i bough a second one for mac. And now only this empty one is in. and its not installed yet, haven't even got to the install screen... :/

Alright so I installed but I keep getting this error when trying to boot of HDD:
boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: test
boot0: error
and a kernel panic when I boot using CD.

hey I have a g73jw also and have had no luck getting it to run correctly. I was wondering if you all have any tips. Here's what i've done:

1. Install Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Retail from USB.
2. Install 10.6.7, Chimera, nvidia drivers - from this guide: [VIDEO]
3. I am able to get 10.6.7 running , but get screen flickering when I use the graphics card. It isn't very stable.
4. Install 10.6.8 then running the new nvidia update. At this point 10.6.8 runs more stable and I get less screen flicker, but I lose sound and DMG, USB, and CD drive. I've tried the USB rollback and several sound kexts but nothing works.
5. From here I can install Lion, but I can not get past the white apple screen when booting.

If you could help me out or tell me how you get yours running I would really appreciate it.

same issue with the not seenig dmg and cd drive on asus g53jw after 10.6.8 update, im going to try playing around with the settings in multibeast and post back if i manage to get it working.

Hi All, everything works ok in my G73JW until the flicker and freeze appears. And I dont know how to debug that Kernel Panic. Does anyone know any solution I can try to run Osx properly on this machine? I am trying 10.6.8 but no luck. Maybe Lion is the way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back