Contribute
Register

ASUS G60Vx ROG Laptop : Can't wake up from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
FatShenanigans said:
I took out the S3 from the hubs (probably related to it showing up as expansion) but kept it in the ports... and put back the CIR for now even though I don't think it's active in OSX.

Did those two, those three USB ports are still showing up as expansion, and no change regarding sleep.

I did make a mistake with a the device ID where it was 29 but should have been 28.

Thought so! No worries.

When I get more time I'll look at your PS2 code and compare it to my laptop and my macbook since I'm not sure about that portion.

Thanks, but don't worry too much over it. Is it actually possible to fix trackpad data in the DSDT?

I think the S3 in the hubs might have something to do with the partial sleep you experienced.

Nope. :(

Stone-D said:
Without it, I either get a kernel panic or the mouse jumps around like a rabbit on E.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trackpad - good question. I'm going to look through some more MacBookPro code and try to see if I can find something new. I'm going to go back and double check but just in case I'll ask it here so I don't forget to ask later - did you send me your Everest dump (just device ID) or your LSPCI device ID dump?

The trackpad on real MacBook Pros are in the USB UHCI hub as is the keyboard. I'm also wondering if some of the edits you had already aren't causing the sleep problem where anything I'm doing is just making it worse. I know that my own hacktop had terrible problems when I tried some of the cosmetic fixes that were out there. In the end the only things I changed was the graphics code, USB code, and the enable all features (2006) fix. If I messed with anything else I'd get the trippy problems that you see now.

Hmmmm :think:

I'll check, but I'm pretty sure I've avoided purely cosmetic stuff for the simple reason I want to get stuff working first. Pretty can wait til later, lol.

The previous attachments were LSPCI, I've attached the Everest dumps I have. I forgot I had those. :p

Attachments

• G60Vx Dumps.zip
    120.6 KB · Views: 67
Progress!

In an attempt to deal with the expansion USB problem, I set them back to ICH10, and put the SATA back to ESB2. It worked. Additionally, the laptop now properly sleeps, AND wakes up, except the display. Once woken up I can press the power button followed by R to get it to reboot. Only one other thing is different, my SMBIOS.plist is set to MacBookPro5,5 now as its the closest match to my laptop that I could find, processor-wise.

So, now gotta figure out how to wake up the screen/display/vga, whichever is failing.

On a sidenote, I delved into the murky world of P-States and C-States for a while, before realizing it was already active, lol. Still, knowledge gained, and all that.

Its the BRIGHTNESS! Upon waking up from sleep, if I hit one of the brightness controls (Fn+f5 or Fn+f6), the screen comes back on.

So close!

Edit:
Interesting sidenote. After eliminating IRQs from IPIC/TIMR/RTC and renaming some of my devices to match those of a Mac, MSR Tools is now reporting a correct Max Frequency and zero kernel panics ever since (touch wood). Coincidink? Still getting lag on audio though, which is why I started doing all this.

Replacements
SBRG with LPCB (already done by FatShenanigans)
DMAD with DMAC
RTC0 with RTC
OMSC with LDRC
COPR with MATH
(PIC) with (IPIC)
TMR with TIMR

BTW, FatShenanigans, filtering for SBUS in ioregistryexplorer results in diddly squat. Que?

Stone-D said:
Its the BRIGHTNESS! Upon waking up from sleep, if I hit one of the brightness controls (Fn+f5 or Fn+f6), the screen comes back on.

So close!

Edit:
Interesting sidenote. After eliminating IRQs from IPIC/TIMR/RTC and renaming some of my devices to match those of a Mac, MSR Tools is now reporting a correct Max Frequency and zero kernel panics ever since (touch wood). Coincidink? Still getting lag on audio though, which is why I started doing all this.

Replacements
SBRG with LPCB (already done by FatShenanigans)
DMAD with DMAC
RTC0 with RTC
OMSC with LDRC
COPR with MATH
(PIC) with (IPIC)
TMR with TIMR

BTW, FatShenanigans, filtering for SBUS in ioregistryexplorer results in diddly squat. Que?

Que?

:banghead:

Because I'm apparently going blind. The SBUS needs to be spoofed for ICH10 since there is no lower equivalent. Argh. Now it should work and possibly the other edits I did since a working SBUS was the whole purpose of most of the code I added. No wonder nothing improved. Try this file and see if anything improves or at least stays where you are now. Then add your edits that fixed the rest and maybe that's all that's left? Let's hope anyway.

I may have fixed your CPU code - reduced it down to the proper number of processors and took out some If then statements that might be making your system require the cpus=1

Attachments

• GVX.aml
    50.2 KB · Views: 130
FatShenanigans said:
Because I'm apparently going blind. The SBUS needs to be spoofed for ICH10 since there is no lower equivalent. Argh. Now it should work and possibly the other edits I did since a working SBUS was the whole purpose of most of the code I added. No wonder nothing improved. Try this file and see if anything improves or at least stays where you are now. Then add your edits that fixed the rest and maybe that's all that's left? Let's hope anyway.

Sorry to say, but no joy. Those USB ports remained expansions and no sign of SBUS in my ioreg. No effect on sleep - didn't get there as before, just died.

I may have fixed your CPU code - reduced it down to the proper number of processors and took out some If then statements that might be making your system require the cpus=1

Again, no joy there - mouse still acts (stares at Tony) like barney the dinosaur at a rave without cpus=1 and without voodootscsync.

BTW, here's my current one, minus your most recent work. Still yet to figure out the damned brightness on wake.

EDIT: Scrapped that attachment, here's a new one. Merged your changes, eliminated extraneous comments and deleted commented sections you'd streamlined or deleted.

Still on ICH10, sleep works and all is as before, I think.

Attachments

• Mergedv2.dsl.zip
    36.7 KB · Views: 100
Curious. As you're aware, my internal wifi is an Intel 5100, so it doesn't work. I intend to replace it, but in the meantime I'm using a Prolink WN2000, which uses a Ralink Draft-N chip.

It works fine - however, if the laptop has entered sleep at all during the current uptime, it will 'disappear' after a short, random period, between 10 seconds to a few minutes, including on subsequent connections.

From fresh boot it works without a hitch.

If it were just this, I wouldn't mind - but I'm concerned about any hidden effects on external drives, etc. Any ideas? Could it be a driver issue? I doubt it, as its happening even when I plug it back in, no matter how many times. Moving to a different port has no effect, same problem.

This was happening before your most recent changes, FatShenanigans. I'd merely thought, until now, that the device itself was faulty.

Stone-D said:
Curious. As you're aware, my internal wifi is an Intel 5100, so it doesn't work. I intend to replace it, but in the meantime I'm using a Prolink WN2000, which uses a Ralink Draft-N chip.

It works fine - however, if the laptop has entered sleep at all during the current uptime, it will 'disappear' after a short, random period, between 10 seconds to a few minutes, including on subsequent connections.

From fresh boot it works without a hitch.

If it were just this, I wouldn't mind - but I'm concerned about any hidden effects on external drives, etc. Any ideas? Could it be a driver issue? I doubt it, as its happening even when I plug it back in, no matter how many times. Moving to a different port has no effect, same problem.

This was happening before your most recent changes, FatShenanigans. I'd merely thought, until now, that the device itself was faulty.

What happens if you repair permissions when you wake up the laptop? Do you see any that need to be repaired?

Also this has always been happening? Or you are seeing it now that your system can wake up from sleep? I'm sort of confused. It sounds like a common usb problem upon waking from sleep. The short term solution to fix something like that is to try the 3rd party app "Lights Out" and enable it for safe sleep. It's free for 30 days and $10 to register it so it will at least keep you from stressing about damaging anything while you are working on the DSDT fix since obviously you are like me and want the DSDT to work as well as possible before using an external solution.

Getting the SBUS to be recognized is probably the only way to ensure that you have power to the USB ports when it wakes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back