Contribute
Register

ASUS G60Vx ROG Laptop : Can't wake up from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stone-D said:
FatShenanigans said:
Because I'm apparently going blind. The SBUS needs to be spoofed for ICH10 since there is no lower equivalent. Argh. Now it should work and possibly the other edits I did since a working SBUS was the whole purpose of most of the code I added. No wonder nothing improved. Try this file and see if anything improves or at least stays where you are now. Then add your edits that fixed the rest and maybe that's all that's left? Let's hope anyway.

Sorry to say, but no joy. Those USB ports remained expansions and no sign of SBUS in my ioreg. No effect on sleep - didn't get there as before, just died.

I may have fixed your CPU code - reduced it down to the proper number of processors and took out some If then statements that might be making your system require the cpus=1

Again, no joy there - mouse still acts (stares at Tony) like barney the dinosaur at a rave without cpus=1 and without voodootscsync.

BTW, here's my current one, minus your most recent work. Still yet to figure out the damned brightness on wake.

EDIT: Scrapped that attachment, here's a new one. Merged your changes, eliminated extraneous comments and deleted commented sections you'd streamlined or deleted.

Still on ICH10, sleep works and all is as before, I think.

Yet another edit - added S3 support at the ports later in the code, changed the states to 0x0F in your PS2 devices and FN keys as well as redid the wake state to call to the port rather than the GLAN. Can you send your latest IOReg?

Attachments

• G60VX.aml
    50.2 KB · Views: 120
Here ya go - along with dmesg and lspci, in case they prove useful. They were taken using the aml you send in the previous post.

System sleeps ok, all USBs registering as internal, still no SBUS in ioreg and still no wakey wakey from mr screeny. Something new, upon waking the system up with a USB mouse click, said USB mouse ceased to function until I replugged (is that actually a word? feels wrong) it.

Did a complete cleanup job with Onyx, only the following which refuses to fix itself :

Code:
Started verify/repair permissions on disk0s2 OSX
Permissions differ on "usr/share/derby", should be drwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x 
Repaired "usr/share/derby"
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired
Finished verify/repair permissions on disk0s2 OSX

Attachments

• Current.zip
    379.9 KB · Views: 102
Stone-D said:
Something new, upon waking the system up with a USB mouse click, said USB mouse ceased to function until I replugged (is that actually a word? feels wrong) it.

This seems to be an issue with USB and 10.6.3 - it does it on my board and many of the other boards I've seen.

adamsmasher said:
This seems to be an issue with USB and 10.6.3 - it does it on my board and many of the other boards I've seen.

True, I have seen it mentioned here and there. However, this is new for me, something new with the DSDT posted above. It wasn't happening before and I started this laptop with 10.6.3.

FatShenanigans: Welp, maybe Onyx did the job. The WN2000 seems to be behaving itself now.

EDIT

Well, hot damn. Turns out you were right, adamsmasher. All this time I'd been waking my laptop with the keyboard. If I wake it with the MOUSE, the mouse dies. If I wake it with the keyboard, the mouse lives. Curiouser and curiouser.

Stone-D said:
EDIT

Well, hot damn. Turns out you were right, adamsmasher. All this time I'd been waking my laptop with the keyboard. If I wake it with the MOUSE, the mouse dies. If I wake it with the keyboard, the mouse lives. Curiouser and curiouser.

Even better- if you use the Power Button on your case to wake, it doesn't affect any of the USB devices. o_O :mrgreen:

Still trying to fix the brightness on wake issue. Is there any reason why this code would not work?

Code:
    Method (_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
    {
        \_SB.PCI0.SBUS.ENAB ()
        \_PR.NOTI ()
        \_SB.PCI0.UNOT ()
        [b]Notify (\_SB.PCI0.P0P1.VGA.LCDD, 0x86)[/b]
        Return (Package (0x02)
        {
            Zero, 
            Zero
        })
    }

Or is it too early in the wakeup procedure?

I've just noticed that PCI0, device 8086,2a40 hasn't been defined. Is that a memory controller, MCHC? How would I go about defining it, and would it be related to our SBUS issues?

EDIT:
I put the following code in to do it, and it seems to work. No idea if any more is required, lol. Still no SBUS in ioreg.

Code:
            Device (HDAC) // ALC663 Audio
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x03))
                }
            }

/* FIX: Attempt to fill in undefined 8086,2040 info in Ioreg */
            Device (MCHC)
            {
                Name (_ADR, Zero)
                Name (_STA, 0x0B)
            }

Device (P0P1)
            {

EDIT #2:
Oddness abounds. I read this post on insanelymac regarding SBUS, and grepped my kexststat for SMBus :

Code:
   27    0 0x552ff000 0x4000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleSMBIOS (1.5) <7 4 3>
   33    1 0x5517f000 0x3000     0x2000     com.apple.iokit.IOSMBusFamily (1.1) <5 4 3>

... so the kext is loading, but its not showing up in either LSPCI or IOReg?!?!

Je suis tres confused.

Quick update : renamed GLAN to GIGE to fix bonjour. Successfully, I think. :p

Anyone know how to spoof the vendor-id so that it *appears* to be an apple lappy on the network? Ie, using iNet for the iPhone, a network scan reveals this to be ASUSTek, etc, and it shows a generic wintel icon rather than a mac icon.

This topic helped me fix the few problems I had left on my asus G51vx. The VoodooTSCSync was the biggest fix. Now my OSX runs better than my win7. Sleep functions okay enough to use, and I am 1 step closer to vanilla!

The laggy audio you are referring to I believe has to do with the voodoohda drivers and our system. I was using an older version w/o the voodoo mixer, which I should probably re-install. Since I updated, it's been laggy and the stupid mic monitor resets after sleep.

Stat1Q: Glad someone else benefited. Yeah the G51 has pretty much the same BIOS I think. Just make sure the addresses line up! Do a WinMerge or whatever on the raw original DSDT exports to see what differences there are.

RettigA: Well lucky for you all the major sweat's been dealt with! I'm taking a break from DSDT messing around, its stable enough at the moment and I'm getting into OSX/iPhone/iPad programming so I'm focusing on that -- err, and work -- right now. :)

Lets just say its been a while since I had a kernel panic, and when it does its voodoohda doing it at startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back