Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS X510UQ-OpenCore
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD620, 1920x1080
Hi, I'm using VirtualSMC and it's plugins. All sensors are working and showing data except Fan Speed. There are plugins and patches available for FakeSMC. But I couldn't find any solution for VirtualSMC. Can anyone help me to patch my DSDT for Fan Speed?

My laptop configuration:
Model: ASUS X510UQ
CPU: Core i5-7200U
GPU: Intel HD 620
MacOS: Mojave 10.14

Here is my EFI folder (including ACPI Table).

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 94
Same, I'd like to try to make a plugin but the FAQ provides sparse documentation and no examples whatsoever.

maybe you can get some idea by reviewing others VirtualSMC plugin's source code?

maybe you can get some idea by reviewing others VirtualSMC plugin's source code?
i've tried that. there are three superio plugin files that need additions - all the other comits have the same modifications - but it still doesn't work.

Last edited:
i've tried that. there are three superio plugin files that need additions - all the other comits have the same modifications - but it still doesn't work.

did you add code for asus in superIO? if so, can you send me what you did? I would like to take some trial and error modifications to your code.

sure; all i did was add entries. https://github.com/cowpod/VirtualSMC (latest commit)
To find the id, open up your device, and look for an "ITE" chip.

My chip is also ITE8995E.
SMCSuperIO returning "failed to detect supported SuperIO chip" in kernel log. I think it's because of SuperIO Port. SMCSuperIO using 0x2E for port. I checked this port in RWEverything app on windows, which seems wrong port for ITE8995E. It doesn't return any value. I tried to find the correct Port address with no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back