Contribute
Register

Asus EP121 - Mountain Lion Install Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
howdy, im have thebsame machine as the poster .. im stuck at the same spot he was with the bluetooth thing... i tried the GraphicsEnabler thing .. and i tried the hdmi trick :( any other ideas ... thanx

howdy, im have thebsame machine as the poster .. im stuck at the same spot he was with the bluetooth thing... i tried the GraphicsEnabler thing .. and i tried the hdmi trick :( any other ideas ... thanx

What stage of the install are you at? Did you try "IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v"?

just gave that one a go.. no luck here.. im stuck at "could not communicate with bluetooth transport successfully -- 0xb800 -- 0xbeef ****"... any way to have it not even look for bluetooth?? in case it matters im trying to install 10.9

just gave that one a go.. no luck here.. im stuck at "could not communicate with bluetooth transport successfully -- 0xb800 -- 0xbeef ****"... any way to have it not even look for bluetooth?? in case it matters im trying to install 10.9

Without details on your hardware, I can't offer any advice.

Without details on your hardware, I can't offer any advice.

same as the poster.. i have an asus ep121
[TR="class: tblEven, bgcolor: #E9E9E9"] [TR="class: tblRow, bgcolor: #F3F3F1"] [TR="class: tblEven, bgcolor: #E9E9E9"] [TR="class: tblRow, bgcolor: #F3F3F1"] [TR="class: tblEven, bgcolor: #E9E9E9"] [TR="class: tblRow, bgcolor: #F3F3F1"] [TR="class: tblEven, bgcolor: #E9E9E9"] [TR="class: tblRow, bgcolor: #F3F3F1"]
Specifications Asus Eee Slate
CPU Core i5-470UM (Arrandale), 1.33 GHz, 3 MB Smart Cache, 2C/4T, 18 W TDP, 32 nm
Screen 12.1" WSVGA (1280x800)
Memory 4 GB DDR3-800 SO-DIMM
System Drive SanDisk P4 SSD 64 GB, SATA 3Gb/s
Graphics Intel HD Graphics, 166 MHz Base Frequency, 500 MHz Max. Dynamic Frequency
Operating System Windows 8.1 (i have a partion of 20 gigs formatted for apple)
Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth

[TR="class: tblEven, bgcolor: #E9E9E9"] [TR="class: tblRow, bgcolor: #F3F3F1"] [TR="class: tblEven, bgcolor: #E9E9E9"] [TR="class: tblRow, bgcolor: #F3F3F1"] [TR="class: tblEven, bgcolor: #E9E9E9"] [TR="class: tblRow, bgcolor: #F3F3F1"] [TR="class: tblEven, bgcolor: #E9E9E9"] [TR="class: tblRow, bgcolor: #F3F3F1"]
CPU Core i5-470UM (Arrandale), 1.33 GHz, 3 MB Smart Cache, 2C/4T, 18 W TDP, 32 nm
Graphics Intel HD Graphics, 166 MHz Base Frequency, 500 MHz Max. Dynamic Frequency

The challenge with this laptop is that Intel HD Graphics is not really supported.

Post #13 has a link to a guide for 1st gen HD graphics though.

Sorry All,

Abandoning this project.

I installed by creating a Unibeast USB stick of Mountain Lion 10.8.5

Then using Terminal, I revealed all hidden files.

Enter in Terminal:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

hit return/enter

Navigate to the System/Library/Extensions and delete the following Kext.

AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGA.plugin
AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle
AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsVADriver.bundle
AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

See attached image of files deleted on my USB stick.

Go back into Terminal and hide all the hidden files again by entering the fallowing.

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
killall Finder

hit return/enter

Note: Doing this also allowed me to install with out needing to use the HDMI cable.

I'd read some where that the AppleIntelHD3000 graphics files prevented installs on earlier CPUs. So I deleted them and the HD4000 related files.

To boot from the USB stick, Boot up the system, select the USB to start from using the -f command to not load the cache. It takes a while to boot so be patient. It took about 10, 15 minutes to get to the Apple install screen.

You may also see a circle with a line crossed through it at some point when the Gray Apple screen loads. Don't do anything just wait and it will eventually load.

Good luck. If you can figure out how to get the QE/CI working fully. Let me know how. I may just pick this project up again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-20 at 8.35.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-20 at 8.35.05 PM.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 169

See my post before this reply. Sorry, thought I'd hit the quote button. You might be able to install Mountain Lion, then upgrade to Mavericks.

Cheers.

Hey guys !!! remember that you can download the ep121 unlocked bios that might help in the perfomance....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back