Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I've got a i7-4790K in an Asus B85M-E/CSM and only 6 of the 12 USB ports are working (no 3rd party ports, all from the Intel chipset). The first 4 ports on the IO panel, as are the 2 USB ports from one of the 2.0 headers. Ports from the other USB 2.0 header, USB 3 header, and bottom 2 ports on the IO panel don't work.

I've tried the port limit patch, and all combinations of xHCI/EHCI settings in the BIOS. Is there any common explanation I'm missing where some USB ports work but not others?

Hello,

I've got a i7-4790K in an Asus B85M-E/CSM and only 6 of the 12 USB ports are working (no 3rd party ports, all from the Intel chipset). The first 4 ports on the IO panel, as are the 2 USB ports from one of the 2.0 headers. Ports from the other USB 2.0 header, USB 3 header, and bottom 2 ports on the IO panel don't work.

I've tried the port limit patch, and all combinations of xHCI/EHCI settings in the BIOS. Is there any common explanation I'm missing where some USB ports work but not others?

Read/follow guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Thanks! I will file this away for when I have some time to dig into it.

Hello, I have the same mother board and 4770, I am trying to use it with Mojave 10.14.5

Were you able to fix the problem?

No, I never got around to creating a custom SSDT. I just run two hubs to the active USB 2 ports in the back, and use the two active 3.0 ports in the back directly.

No, I never got around to creating a custom SSDT. I just run two hubs to the active USB 2 ports in the back, and use the two active 3.0 ports in the back directly.
Can you share your SSDT ? I have not been able to fully make work the four USB 3.0 ports, two of them always work as USB2.0
The problem I am experiencing is that when I disable ports for example HS09 and HS10 the ports that were SS01 and SS02 become HS09 and HS10 after restarting.

Last edited:
I don't have one to share, as I never made an SSDT. I only have two working USB 3.0 ports myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back