Contribute
Register

ASUS A456UR Problems - SKYLAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already check that, I replace VoodooPS2 with your VoodooI2C on post #2, both Keyboard and Trackpad not worked. With VoodooPs2, only my keyboard working. Since my laptop only have 2 USB port, it would be nice if the trackpad work smoothly.

Thanks anyway
VoodooI2C isn't for keyboards, only trackpads+touchscreens.
For keyboard, you should still have VoodooPS2.
For trackpad, first determine if it's I2C. You can't just try and hope it works.
It's very easy to determine, with Windows Device Manager or @HorchaudiBMW 's linux command.

Most of the trackpads won't work when you load the kext for the first time, there are several things you might need to do:
INT3442/INT3443 DSDT Patches, OS Patch, Lpss kexts removal...
If you find it's I2C, you may upload your IOReg and DSDT.dsl (You current one, with existing patches) so we can look :)

VoodooI2C isn't for keyboards, only trackpads+touchscreens.
For keyboard, you should still have VoodooPS2.
For trackpad, first determine if it's I2C. You can't just try and hope it works.
It's very easy to determine, with Windows Device Manager or @HorchaudiBMW 's linux command.

Most of the trackpads won't work when you load the kext for the first time, there are several things you might need to do:
INT3442/INT3443 DSDT Patches, OS Patch, Lpss kexts removal...
If you find it's I2C, you may upload your IOReg and DSDT.dsl (You current one, with existing patches) so we can look :)

[EDITED] Yes its I2C trackpad (ELAN1200) and I tried this :
1. Install your VoodooI2C.kext Dec282016.
2. Remove AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext
3. Add DSDT patch INT3442, INT 3443 and Window10 Patch

Still no luck :). Ok, then these are my ioReg and DSDT from CLOVER/ACPI/patched on EFI partition.

Thanks and Regard

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    40 KB · Views: 91
  • ioRegTuxbrain.zip
    512.3 KB · Views: 69
  • lspcinn.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back