Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• MaximusIV-Extreme-ASUS-3603_mod.ROM.zip
    3 MB · Views: 116
Hi, I've been playing with Clover a bit tonight, and it pretty much works great with normal boot, but can't quite seem to get it booting from UEFI on my P8Z77-Pro... I think I have the right drivers for UEFI booting, but nothing happens when I try UEFI booting it on my flash drive from Bios. Would consider using Clover full time if it was booting from UEFI and not taking an extra 10 seconds lol. Is yours set up for UEFI? We have fairly comparable boards, would love to see your EFI folder or any tips if you have them.

NVM, /wrist - the reason it wouldn't boot is because secure boot was on - somehow this stupid windows 8 feature survived a bios flash? it had all its keys entered, haven't had 8 installed since before i started hackintoshing... regardless i spent some 2hrs pining over projectosx forums trying to figure out what i was doing wrong and that was all, uefi booting works like magic and clover is easily the fastest bootloader i've ever used... real cool stuff.

Hi - the secret is to download clover selecting only the UEFI option and load it on an MBA formatted usb stick making sure that ALL the boot files it loads are removed as these are NOT required for UEFI - they are often hidden.

Just copy the attached file unzipped to a USB stick and ensure your BIOS is set to UEFI only for all options. If you have Windows 8 and it is EFI and GPT loaded that too will work fine with Clover.

Just noticed that you are using an NVIDIA card, me ATI 6870. If you contact mrengels he will help you with whats required for that card.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 135
Hi - the secret is to download clover selecting only the UEFI option and load it on an MBA formatted usb stick making sure that ALL the boot files it loads are removed as these are NOT required for UEFI - they are often hidden.

Just copy the attached file unzipped to a USB stick and ensure your BIOS is set to UEFI only for all options. If you have Windows 8 and it is EFI and GPT loaded that too will work fine with Clover.

Just noticed that you are using an NVIDIA card, me ATI 6870. If you contact mrengels he will help you with whats required for that card.

Thanks for posting your EFI folder, the config.plist showed me a few new options. Anyways, just about everything appears to be working quite well booting clover w/ UEFI now, though no WoL yet (can see top fan on my chassis spin lightly a couple rotations when I try) WoL works fine in Cham so must be something baked into it, because I don't use any noteworthy bootflags in Cham... seems maybe a DSDT edit or maskfix might be needed for WoL in Clover.

Hi Samisnake,

Can I PLEASE have this latest ASUS P8H77-M Pro bios patched? :) [May need to change from 7z to ZIP]

THANKS!!!!

Joc

Attachments

• P8H77-M-PRO-ASUS-1003.7z.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 116
Hi :)

I would need the patched version of the 1708 uefi for
Asus Sabertooth Z77.

Thx in advance :)!
Walter

ps.: whats the reason for not posting the links public?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back