Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to keep bumping this thread but am hoping this is a valuable contribution :)

So today I learned that the stepping info for each mac model is located in the IOplatformPluginFamily.kext in the plugin ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext. In its Contents/Resources there is a plist for each mac model. I was able to copy the speedstepping info from Mac Mini 5,3 into the Imac 12,2 and then get

11/23/12 9:32:49.000 PM kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 27 33 38 40 42

these p-states using an imac SMBIOS :) much better than just 16 & 42

for my kext, i also put the stepping into mac pro 3,1 plist since it's a fairly popular choice

finally i version bumped the kext and load it out of E/E, so it should hold through future patches (i left the original untouched in s/l/e)

anyways, i'm going to include my patched kext in case anyone might find it useful to get the stepping of mac mini 5,3 w/ either smbios imac 12,2 or mac pro 3,1

This worked for me on z77 d3h i7 3770k mac pro 3,1

Many thanks!

I hate to tell you this but some versions of the Sabertooth Z77 have problems with the USB flashback.

Mine originally had problems and I had to RMA it to get one that worked.

What has to be noted is that the button one presses to initialize the BIOS Flashback if pushed too hard can remain in the closed position - this will damage the BIOS update procedure, but if you are sure you have followed all the instructions then it might be worth talking to Asus.

Although I could flash an unmodded BIOS via other methods, the Flashback would not work. On this board it works every time...

Good luck

I've been through enough MB issues in the last 18 months, had and failed to get a Rampage IV RMA'd, which ended with me getting an Sabertooth X58 that's been flawless. It absolutely sh*ts me that I've prob no doubt got a MB that works 100% in every way but the bios flashblack feature. Unfort having OSX working is more a hobby for me. I'm not taking down my system that is I use with WIN 7x64 90% of the time cause flash back method isn't allowing my ML install. Flashback button issue isn't physical, the button activates every time but just stops in failure. I'm on USB stick 5 now(trying full slow formats). In going around the flashback bios issue I got my very poorly working Dell M14x ML install to generate a fresh unibeast USB. I got ML to install however, and this is driving me more nuts, I can't get even the constantly described unibeast boot method to work to get in via any mode safe mode or otherwise to the freshly installed ML drive (which existed as a formerly success ML partition on my X58). If I could I'd just say to hell with it and rip out appleintelcpupowermanagement and install MB and live with it. In my attempted install, the Unibeast boot to the ML partition just results in kernel panic and fails to go around the a fore mentioned kext every time. I got further in trying to use my old installs of ML from the X58...

Hi Samisnake,
Can you patch the new bios (3608) for p8p67-m pro.Now I am in 3603.

Attachments

• P8P67-M-PRO-ASUS-3608.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 87
I've been through enough MB issues in the last 18 months, had and failed to get a Rampage IV RMA'd, which ended with me getting an Sabertooth X58 that's been flawless. It absolutely sh*ts me that I've prob no doubt got a MB that works 100% in every way but the bios flashblack feature. Unfort having OSX working is more a hobby for me. I'm not taking down my system that is I use with WIN 7x64 90% of the time cause flash back method isn't allowing my ML install. Flashback button issue isn't physical, the button activates every time but just stops in failure. I'm on USB stick 5 now(trying full slow formats). In going around the flashback bios issue I got my very poorly working Dell M14x ML install to generate a fresh unibeast USB. I got ML to install however, and this is driving me more nuts, I can't get even the constantly described unibeast boot method to work to get in via any mode safe mode or otherwise to the freshly installed ML drive (which existed as a formerly success ML partition on my X58). If I could I'd just say to hell with it and rip out appleintelcpupowermanagement and install MB and live with it. In my attempted install, the Unibeast boot to the ML partition just results in kernel panic and fails to go around the a fore mentioned kext every time. I got further in trying to use my old installs of ML from the X58...

I would have thought others users might jump in here to help you, but seemingly not. You DO NOT even need the modded BIOS if you use Clover, as that takes care of the AsusAICPUPM in the Clover config.plist, but Chameleon will not run. I would suggest you search out Kynnder 's post at OSx86, he is a very helpful guy. I do appreciate how you feel about the MB, I am fortunate as the agent is quite near to me and it was all done in a couple of hours.

Any more help then please PM me.

Good luck and DONOT despair...

Hi all,
I am building my first hackintosh and have read through many threads and issues others have run into in an effort to avoid being the newb that can't figure this out, but I have yet to solve a few specific problems with my configuration. My build includes ASUS P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt, i5-3570k (w/ HD 4000), and the GTX 660 Ti. So far I have:
1.) Flashed the bios w/ modified version (1604 I think) from Samisnake and verified ACHI
2.) Used unibeast to install 10.8.2
3.) Have had success w/ easybeast; however (Problem #1), the install hangs at the apple logo w/ DSDT free installation which from reading is the option I should use to avoid the issues associated with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. I have only been able to get the system back up using GraphicsEnabler=No -x. I have implemented the FakeSMC option in Multibeast as well as the AppleIntelE1000e, 3rd party SATA, TrimEnabler, and some of the NVidia options that seemed appropriate. With verbose I get this the attached prompt.

4.) I am currently using the Mac Pro 5,1 build, but I have removed the AppleTyMCEDriver and have had no evident issues with an easybeast installation
5.) I have installed the NVidia Driver update as it seems some people have had issues with the 660 Ti
6.) Problem #2 I have also had issues booting after creating a DSDT
7.) Problem #3 HD4000 graphics are not recognized (I am still trying to figure out the apple,id edits)

I also don't yet have hdmi audio, speedstep, or sleep working, but I'm hoping some of these will get fixed in the process. My first concern is problem #1 (and maybe #2) but any help will be greatly appreciated as :banghead: has yet to help me get passed these issues. :D

Attachments

• 2012-11-26 22.14.27.jpg
    2012-11-26 22.14.27.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 283
Hi everybody,
After installing custom ROM for my P8P67 Evo MoBo my GeekBench score fell from over 8800 to 4804. I don't think it's a good sign, but the overall system performance still looks the same. Any suggestions?

Does it means that speedstep is not working at all? If yes - is there any solution to fix this problem? I have my DSDT and SSDT in /Extra folder, but this does not make any difference.

Edit: MSRDumper returns this:

27.11.12 18:03:15,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(16)*
27.11.12 18:03:15,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16

Edit 2: When I put NullCPUPowerManagment back in Extra, my system shows over 9000 in geekbench.

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,
I'm also having problems on Lion and ML with speedstep on the p8p67 evo with an i7 (2 states 16,42).
I have modded bios and I'm using DSDT & SSDT for the 4.2 overclock (set on individual cores).
Please help. Thanks!

Hi once again,

I have found the other DSDT and SSDT for my i5-2500k and now I am having nice results back in GeekBench (over 9000), but now I am having the same problem as jesselid, I only have 2 states (16, 34).

Thanks for help in advance!

I would have thought others users might jump in here to help you, but seemingly not. You DO NOT even need the modded BIOS if you use Clover, as that takes care of the AsusAICPUPM in the Clover config.plist, but Chameleon will not run. I would suggest you search out Kynnder 's post at OSx86, he is a very helpful guy. I do appreciate how you feel about the MB, I am fortunate as the agent is quite near to me and it was all done in a couple of hours.

Any more help then please PM me.

Good luck and DONOT despair...

Hi, I've been playing with Clover a bit tonight, and it pretty much works great with normal boot, but can't quite seem to get it booting from UEFI on my P8Z77-Pro... I think I have the right drivers for UEFI booting, but nothing happens when I try UEFI booting it on my flash drive from Bios. Would consider using Clover full time if it was booting from UEFI and not taking an extra 10 seconds lol. Is yours set up for UEFI? We have fairly comparable boards, would love to see your EFI folder or any tips if you have them.

NVM, /wrist - the reason it wouldn't boot is because secure boot was on - somehow this stupid windows 8 feature survived a bios flash? it had all its keys entered, haven't had 8 installed since before i started hackintoshing... regardless i spent some 2hrs pining over projectosx forums trying to figure out what i was doing wrong and that was all, uefi booting works like magic and clover is easily the fastest bootloader i've ever used... real cool stuff.

jesselid and kavin try change the system profile to iMac 12.2 or other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back