Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am using the patched bios for P8Z68-V Pro (3k series). I overclocked to 4.2 Ghz, so I installed the overclocked SSDT from multibeast that supposedly goes up to 4.2 Ghz. However, MSRDumper as well as HW Monitor both show only ONE p-state, 16.

Is there something I'm missing? Am I supposed to make changes anywhere else? In my boot.plist? The overclocking and speedstep work fine in windows by the way, so I hope/don't think it's not my bios configuration.

Thanks!

SOLVED: I managed to find an inkling of an implication of the fact that the bios overclock has to be configured by setting the multiplier for each core individually (per core), and not all cores. Now I'm getting 6 pstates so far and I imagine I'll get more as I use it.

Hi Samisnake

i`m using asus P8Z77-V PRO.i`m unable find the DSDT download from tonymacx86.

i`m not good in this.can you please help me out.

thank you

oh, i'm using a p8z77-v pro too... i flashed the modded bios, it boots fine and suspend partially works (black screen on wake) but am getting p-state stepper error 18 when booting verbose so speedstepping doesn't appear to be working properly...

edit: no longer have p-state stepper error w/ SSDT.aml in Extra Folder, still having black screen wake issue though

Hi Samisnake

i`m using asus P8Z77-V PRO.i`m unable find the DSDT download from tonymacx86.

i`m not good in this.can you please help me out.

thank you

@qqwe, You don't "need" a patched DSDT for your motherboard. The only thing a patched DSDT will do in inject HDA "sound", and you can just add the Enabler1.kext from MultiBeast.

oh, i'm using a p8z77-v pro too... i flashed the modded bios, it boots fine and suspend partially works (black screen on wake) but am getting p-state stepper error 18 when booting verbose so speedstepping doesn't appear to be working properly...

edit: no longer have p-state stepper error w/ SSDT.aml in Extra Folder, still having black screen wake issue though

I noticed that your using an i7-2600K CPU, you will need to use the patched SSDT.aml from MultiBeast to get working speedstep also need to drop SSDT.

To get past the black screen, try reconnecting your "wired" keyboard & mouse, and give another tap or click to see if the USB is your problem. Also what GPU are you using? Also might want to try removing or adding darkwake=0.

Good luck guys/girls?

-Mrengles

mrengles i'm using a p8z77-v pro w/ an evga gtx 670 ftw and the i7-2600k

as i had mentioned, i did solve the issue w/ the p-state stepper error w/ the patched SSDT.aml :)

everything works now :)

So I've noticed using this patched firmware the p-states that I get vary depending on what SMBIOS I'm using... w/ Mac Pro 3,1 I get 16,17,18,19,20 & my OC speed (42), w/ imac 12,2 I only seem to get 16 & 42, and w/ mac mini 5,3 I get a pretty even and desirable spread.... Is there any way to OC & get all my p-states using an iMac 12,2 smbios?

qqwe: for the record I've made a DSDT.aml based off of the 1616 patched bios here for the p8z77-v pro that's simply cleaned up the warning and remarks and added a method dgtp & 892 support in hdef. it's totally unnecessary as mrengels pointed out you can use the hdenabler kext, but if you really want it i can upload it for you.

Sorry to keep bumping this thread but am hoping this is a valuable contribution :)

So today I learned that the stepping info for each mac model is located in the IOplatformPluginFamily.kext in the plugin ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext. In its Contents/Resources there is a plist for each mac model. I was able to copy the speedstepping info from Mac Mini 5,3 into the Imac 12,2 and then get

11/23/12 9:32:49.000 PM kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 27 33 38 40 42

these p-states using an imac SMBIOS :) much better than just 16 & 42

for my kext, i also put the stepping into mac pro 3,1 plist since it's a fairly popular choice

finally i version bumped the kext and load it out of E/E, so it should hold through future patches (i left the original untouched in s/l/e)

anyways, i'm going to include my patched kext in case anyone might find it useful to get the stepping of mac mini 5,3 w/ either smbios imac 12,2 or mac pro 3,1

Attachments

• Patched_10.8_IOplatformPluginFamily.kext.zip
    294 KB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back