Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just about to ask Samisnake to patch the
P8Z77-M PRO BIOS 1708 also. You beat me to it.
Thanks in advanced Samisnake!

@TonyD,

You can install the stock ASUS UEFI v1708 without samisnake's patch using Clover. You just need to make sure your config.plist has:

Code:
</dict>
    <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
    <dict>
        <key>AppleRTC</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>KernelCpu</key>
        <string>NO</string>
        <key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <dict>

It will work just the same until samisnake gets around to releasing the newest version. I'm typing this post with the above settings, and a stock UEFI.

Good Luck,

-Mrengles

PS. I have not had any real time to test the new UEFI version on my P8Z77-M Pro. I've only gotten this far. =)

PS 2. You will not have to use/install nullpower or any other power management kexts, Clover will take care of everything. =)

Hi Mr Samisnake.

I see that Asus have updated the IOS again for the Z77 Sabertooth to 1708.

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=SABERTOOTH+Z77&p=1&s=39

Would appreciate the mod please...

Brgds/Tony

tony, huberer, mrengles
have updated your boards

Hi Robert,
Thank you, yes I know that and I am running Clover with the latest BIOS. But the Modded BIOS is useful as without it Chameleon is obsolete.

The new BIOS is interesting as Asus has changed some of the BIOS setting, and in some cases the defaults are not the same as before as it is now tuned to Windows 8 and Microsofts security. The Boot section needs special attention after upgrading.

I will attach my config.plist as you requested although not a great deal has changed. I do not use a DSDT and have no issues with sleep and wake. I also have moved Fakesmc.kext to Clover as it is no longer needed in S/L/E, as I understand it is only needed there for installing OSX.
The mouse pointer does not work in Clover think it is due to the fact I use Steermouse for my logitech devices, but that is a non issue for me.

@Samisnake - many thanks - appreciated. Do not despair 21st December approaches... haha

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 86
mrengles.

During the experimentationn of Setting up Clover, this might be worth a try...

config.plist.

<key>ACPI</key>
<
dict>
<
key>EnableC6</key>
<
string>Yes</string>
<
key>EnableC4</key>
<
string>Yes</string>
<
key>EnableC2</key>
<
string>Yes</string>
</
dict>

And the delay for getting out of sleep was corrected with this particular mask :
0x9487 : FIX_DTGP + FIX_WARNING + FIX_SHUTDOWN + FIX_SBUS + FIX_SATA + FIX_HDA

<key>ACPI</key>
<
dict>
<
key>FixDsdtMask</key>
<
string>0x8487</string>
</
dict>

Try this file:

Good luck....

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 96
Well I just today picked up my brand new Sabertooth Z77 as a direct replacement for my flawless Sabertooth X58. I was most keen on the bios flashback scenario and figured it would enable a near flawless MB transition. That lasted until I attempted flashback on 4 diff usbs, even went out and bought a couple of new ones. I just tried again 4 times in a row. I'm more than skilled with doing USB bios updates on any number of devices - the whole FAT32 thing etc etc.The board was also back a few versions of bios, so theory that the flashback was hosed is false IMHO. I proved standard updating works no prob. I'm bummed out now as I can't get any previous 10.8 installs to work or even my USB HD that's got unibeast and ML install on it.

I hate to tell you this but some versions of the Sabertooth Z77 have problems with the USB flashback.

Mine originally had problems and I had to RMA it to get one that worked.

What has to be noted is that the button one presses to initialize the BIOS Flashback if pushed too hard can remain in the closed position - this will damage the BIOS update procedure, but if you are sure you have followed all the instructions then it might be worth talking to Asus.

Although I could flash an unmodded BIOS via other methods, the Flashback would not work. On this board it works every time...

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back