Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
5) update works fine. just create the unibeast stick for ml, and install over your current lion/sl install.

Just to clarify, your reinstalling mountain lion on top of lion? Historically this throws all your "stuff" into an "old system" folder... I take it thats no the case anymore :) ? If it still acts like the old way I think I'll just start again...

Making the stick now.

Just to clarify, your reinstalling mountain lion on top of lion? Historically this throws all your "stuff" into an "old system" folder... I take it thats no the case anymore :) ? If it still acts like the old way I think I'll just start again...

Making the stick now.

yes, installing ml on top of lion.
its never done that for me (same partition im using atm has been from sl, to lion, now to ml, all by upgrading not clean installs).

doesnt windows do that though? it creates a windows.old folder or something along those lines

yes, installing ml on top of lion.
its never done that for me (same partition im using atm has been from sl, to lion, now to ml, all by upgrading not clean installs).

doesnt windows do that though? it creates a windows.old folder or something along those lines

Granted I haven't tried it since Snow Leopard, I'm more think on real mac's and older ;)

Regardless seemingly cant boot unibeast, end up with a black screen after the apple logo. Oddly I know I did fine with the last developer preview so not sure... *starts troubleshooting*

**Update: PCIrootUID=0 is all you need on this board to get around that. Yay!

Plz patch this bios for me.
MAXIMUS_IV_EXTREME
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/MAXIMUS_IV_EXTREME/MaximusIV-Extreme-ASUS-2302.zip

I bricked my bios trying to do myself :X

Then i realized that i have 2 bioses on board and can switch between with button.

I started working bios witch wass 2k bios and then i used "asus biosflashback" to repair bricked one :D

Then i flash latest bios on bios chip one to have 3k bios for windows,and
Other one was never updated soo its initial 2k bios.

Soo my idea its to update this second bios with latest 2k modified bios becouse this bios its working perfect for me.
Onboard sound working with 2k bios,sleep working just wanna remove nullcpu and switch bioses when i change os.

Sry for bad english.

Thx.

http://bios.zmac.net/htdocs/asus/MaximusIV-Extreme-ASUS-2302_modified.zip

Hi samisnake,

Does the new Z77 chipset motherboard has locked uefi? I'm considering to get Asus motherboard for my hackintosh.

hi.
yes. and at this time there is no way to flash a modified bios for them, so have to use patched power management kext.

Hi samisnake,
Thanks for the reply. It seems like I would have to go for MSI board.
asrock are also good across the board (although their higher end boards use unsupported broadcom lan), and gigabytes boards are good (although their higher end boards are the ones to go for, rather than their lower end).

which board are you look at in particular?

asrock are also good across the board (although their higher end boards use unsupported broadcom lan), and gigabytes boards are good (although their higher end boards are the ones to go for, rather than their lower end).

which board are you look at in particular?

I wanted to go for Gigabyte but for the Z77 series, the distributors here in my country has only make available, G1 Sniper and Z77-UD5 TH for the high end motherboard. I have considered the Z77-UD5 TH but it just ain't worth it as for now Thunderbolt support is still at early phase. The only model that I find suit for Mountain Lion is Gigabyte Z77P-D3 which uses the Realtek audio and Realtek LAN.

Gigabyte Z77P-D3 specification:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4238#sp

I am considering MSI Z77A-G43 and previously I was considering Asus P8Z77-V LX. I always prefer simple motherboard that has enough functionality for my own use. As mentioned, previously, I would consider models from Asus but now, the high end models mostly come with WiFi, which I don't really like. One of the reason that I opt for simple functionality is that I am a multi-platforms user. Some time I do switch to Linux and Windows for some testing purpose.

Thanks for the recommendation of Asrock, however, the models available here are considered high end, Pro 3 and Pro 4. It just seems like I am paying for features that are optimized for Windows platform.

As for now, I would like to build a hackintosh that can be as stable as possible because I already get used to my MacBook environment which I use daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back