Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vacations...

Vacations are evil things really, a little over 7 weeks to be gone from the community is a nightmare to catch up... More so for someone that likes to be "well versed" and considers himself (at least before 7 weeks ago) quite adept at all this.

Regardless I just had a few questions now that Mountain Lion is released and I'll be home in a few hours to tinker.

1) Mountain Lion didn't theoretically change anything in terms of Patched BIOS but do we still need to work with SSDT's as was 10.7.4?

2) Any new best practices? Seems like most is the same (I just don't see much about SSDT's?)

3) Whats the next issue we are trying to tackle so I can help out :p

4) Any interest in a Maximus IV Gene-Z Gen 3 guide? Was going to do one but didn't have time before I left. It's for the system I've shown in this thread a bit:

5) Is there an update method to Mountain Lion or we doing full installs? A quick check of the forum does not reveal a straight answer...

7207665072_9a65aaaafc_c.jpg

Regards,
Phil

P.S.
Grrr Avatar went poof with the new board and have to find where I have it saved.

@philz, welcome back.

not much has changed set up wise from lion-mtn lion

1) still need it
2) same (little hubbub if you use a 6xxx amd/ati card, but thats all)
3) flashing a modified z77 bios which gets passed security verification checks
5) update works fine. just create the unibeast stick for ml, and install over your current lion/sl install.

Asus released new bios for MaximusIV-Extreme
plz patch it.
Thx.

read this before you flash it. risk of losing audio on p67 boards
http://bios4asus.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/dont-update-unless-you-need-to.html

http://bios.zmac.net/asus/MaximusIV-Extreme-ASUS-3211_modified.zip

@philz, welcome back.

1) still need it
5) update works fine. just create the unibeast stick for ml, and install over your current lion/sl install.

Thanks!

Really figured we'd get past the SSDT as I really dislike them... Regardless that works.

One thing as I get back into this, on the Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 board, I'd suggest taking down the 3305 BIOS; ASUS knows there are some voltage issues with it, and it has seen some stock I7's running at 1.48V (with stock BIOS settings) so their forum is advising against it wholeheartedly! The 3203 is OK (which if you can post a link to the patched one would be awesome, seemingly lost it though I know it's already running that one).

As for the Z77 Bios I'll take a look at it, was working with RevoGirl before the unfortunate event on a solution (along with some RevoBoot stuff–which I think is now not being developed which means i need to convert back to Chimera or something...)

Anyways gotta drive back home and unpack/unwind. Look forward to fiddling, and seriously thanks for the quick replies!

that doesnt sound very healthy. have swapped it back the 3203 on the blog.
cheers for the headsup

Thx for this.

I use usb sound card.

This new bios fixed 4 usb 3.0 ports not working (windows and osx) with my usb 3.0 stick.

Only problem i have its cpu working on 1.6ghz in mountain lion.
Cpu its 2600k clocked at 4.8ghz.

@philz, welcome back.

1) still need it

read this before you flash it. risk of losing audio on p67 boards
http://bios4asus.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/dont-update-unless-you-need-to.html

http://bios.zmac.net/asus/MaximusIV-Extreme-ASUS-3211_modified.zip

xpamamadeus, are you using an ssdt?

delete those images.
we dont support anything to do with slic modifications (piracy as per the rules)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back