Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to report a success with ASUS Sabertooth P67 mobo, on two machines. And to say thanks.

I actually downgraded the BIOS to the 2103 from 3306, the process is really not that complex and scary as some make is sound.

What you need:

Mint Linux MATE 64bit boot DVD (I think Ubuntu will be ok too)
Original and Patched ASUS 2103 image for Mobo on USB stick
Hex Editor
Some UNIX Command prompt know how

What you do:

Edit the original BIOS file with HEX editor and replace default MAC ID with your existing one (You can also set it to some Apple MAC ID for fun as well). See here: http://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flash ... 09004.html

Reason being that Flashrom will wipe your flash hard, so hard that things which usually stay between updates are lost. Mac ID is one of those things. When system boots for the first time and finds no MAC ID definition, it takes default from Bios file.

Boot LiveDVD, open terminal and install flashrom:
sudo apt-get flashrom

Test that you can read your mobo's flash
sudo flashrom -r test.rom

If OK (no errors), erase your current rom
sudo flashrom -E

Flash stock ASUS 2103 rom with MAC patched in
sudo flashrom -w <ROM FILE TO FLASH>

Done, reboot and use ASUS BIOS Flash utility to put a samisnake patched BIOS on the board.

I think one can also flash patched version directly but I prefer to use original first. Too many deltas with original IMHO for flashrom work.

My Hackintoshes run 10.6.8 perfectly now, sleep, lan, audio, video, speedstep, all works.

Success patching and flashing Asus Z77 MAXIMUS V GENE BIOS 1101

No kernel panic without the appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext patch ivy bridge

however, speedsteep only generating

24/7/12 12:23:10.000 AM kernel: MSRDumper CoreMulti(16)
24/7/12 12:23:10.000 AM kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 38
24/7/12 12:23:11.000 AM kernel: MSRDumper CoreMulti(16)
24/7/12 12:23:11.000 AM kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 38
24/7/12 12:23:11.000 AM kernel: MSRDumper CoreMulti(16)

sleep works but wake up with
24/7/12 12:25:55.000 AM kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 36 38
24/7/12 12:25:55.000 AM kernel: MSRDumper CoreMulti(16)
24/7/12 12:25:55.000 AM kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 36 38
24/7/12 12:25:56.000 AM kernel: MSRDumper CoreMulti(16)
24/7/12 12:25:56.000 AM kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 36 38

and video performance very slow after wake.

I am not using DSDT at all. sound enable by non-hdaenabler.

before the patch bios update using appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext patch ivy bridge give me more p-state of speed step.

i did the patch on the bios maybe i did something wrong. any help on this.
hope samisnake will have the z77 bios updated soon.
Thanks.

Edit: i switch back to smbios to Mac Pro 3,1 sleep work, wake from sleep work it didn't give me slow down but core multi(36) still stuck at multiplier when wake from sleep.

24/7/12 3:25:39.000 AM kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 17 18 19 20 36 38
24/7/12 3:25:39.000 AM kernel: MSRDumper CoreMulti(36)
24/7/12 3:25:39.000 AM kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 17 18 19 20 36 38
24/7/12 3:25:40.000 AM kernel: MSRDumper CoreMulti(36)

but it give me back my audio problem i either plug in head phone to the front audio to get green port work or just use the orange port for audio.

How did you patch the bios?

Howdy! After flashing my BIOS with one of your roms (I'm using a P8H67-M PRO) I finally stopped getting Kernel panics on every bootup. However, now I cannot get it past the point of hanging with a spinning wheel on the Apple logo. Have tried booting into safemode and normally using the -DSDT=null tag. Not sure what else to try. Any help is appreciated.

First boot went fine after install, set up everything, then the kernel panicks started after running MultiBeast and rebooting. But, as I said, with your ROM the kernel panicks don't happen. Just a hang.

EDIT: booted with verbose and it's hanging at "NVClockX: Overclocking..."

That's my nVidia kext, yes?

Man I'm such a noob, apologies.

I currently have 10.6.8 working pretty much OK on my machine. However, I'd like to try ML. If I do this update to my P8Z68 deluxe, will it influence my 10.6.8 installation and cause it to possibly not work?

@ Geert Samuel
if you are using a dsdt, and your current bios version is older than the patched bios you are about to flash, then it could stop you from booting into the 10.6.8 partition.
if the bioses are different, simply delete the dsdt before flashing the new bios

@samisnake
Thanks for your input. I just checked and I'm still at BIOS version 0501. I did not use a DSDT to install SL.
So I guess, this (hopefully) shouldn't run into any problems...guess I just have to try and see.

No P-states

I upgraded my i7 2600k/P8P67 Deluxe from SL to ML last week, and now I can only get 2 p-states. :(

2012-07-31 3:14:47.000 PM kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 45 46 47 48

It shows five above, but since I've configured turbo by per core, 45 46 47 48 are really a single P-state.

I've tried modifying P-States in the DSDT, but it doesn't seem to change anything. I also have ran it with SSDT instead, but that doesn't seem to do anything either.

Right now, in Chameleon, I have GeneratePStates removed, but whether or not I have it there doesn't seem to make a diff. The only difference seems to be the result I get when I run bdmseg... (I get ACPI CPUs not found: P-States not generated !!! If I set it to on.)

I am not using a DSDT.aml right now, but I had one that I made using the P8P67 Deluxe patch from the repository as well, but whether or not I have the DSDT file there doesn't seem to affect how the system functions.

Any ideas what else I should try?

Thanks

Update: Forgot to mention, no matter what I do, I always get P-state stepper error 18 at step 2 in context 2. Can't seem to get rid of that either.

Update 2: I managed to get rid of all the P-state errors by removing the SSDT, and moving everying I've defined into DSDT. Still only 2 states though. Also, my system just wouldn't go to sleep on its own, I need to use the power button to put it to sleep. I've went through all the suggestions in the other post, i.e. removng kexts, editing DSDT, etc. but doesn't seem to help.

Asus p8p67 ws revolution bios 2105 audio issue

hey sami,
ok so ive discovered the bios 2105 for my mobo is just like that of other 3xxx bioses for p8p67 boards; it makes it so appleHDA does not load properly. I ordered a new bios chip with BIOS 1202, and was able to get audio work using multibeast. I would like to use my own dsdt with this bios, and therefore need a patched/modified BIOS 1202. can you help me out? very much appreciated sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back